Ristolainen in Tortorella's doghouse pretty deep

matter2003

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If Risto had Samuelsson's brains and instincts he would be an ace defender. At this point in his career it is locked in what he has and doesn't have as a player. He is what he is. Getting a first round pick for him was grand theft, a felonious heist. 

If he had Samuelsson's brains and instincts he'd've been drafted about 7 slots ahead of Darnell Nurse.

7 minutes ago, Taro T said:

If he had Samuelsson's brains and instincts he'd've been drafted about 7 slots ahead of Darnell Nurse.

I really admire the intelligent play of Samuelsson. He's so young yet plays as if he is a veteran. He's big enough to be a brute player but instead he uses his intelligence to instinctively position himself to anticipate where the puck is going to be. Samuelsson and Power are or going to be top tier players, along with Dahlin, to make up a high quality and cup calendar blue line. I like Joki more than most do, but I consider him to be more of a complimentary player.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

If Risto had Samuelsson's brains and instincts he would be an ace defender. At this point in his career it is locked in what he has and doesn't have as a player. He is what he is. Getting a first round pick for him was grand theft, a felonious heist. 

There's an early second-round pick next year, too.

• Thanks (+1) 1

20 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

So this begs the question: If Risto was traded for nothing at all (I suppose technically it then wouldn't be considered a trade) would the Sabres still have won the trade? 

He could have been traded for "future considerations" which I think can be just about anything, so that would have been the closest.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.