Rasmus Dahlin Named NHL’s First Star of the Week

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Shocked the NHL gave credit to a buffalo player ..

But that wont last they only care about the money and names people  Recognize 

Auston Matthews is way behind Dahlin for the Rocket Richard trophy, they have to hold on for a week or so before the Leafs fans MVP chants turn the tide.

3 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

You're back.   I saw you make a positive, almost uplifting post in another thread.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I think I get what you’re trying to say, but I also think NHL fans might recognize the first overall pick of an NHL draft who has international appeal/cred. 

I think Buffalo being relevant to the NHL can be overstated (traditionally great tv ratings but low national appeal).
But I do believe this market is somewhat important to the league. 

All of this to say that IMO, Dahlin deserved this and there isn’t a league-wide agenda against small market team’s players winning social media awards like the star of the week. 

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I think I get what you’re trying to say, but I also think NHL fans might recognize the first overall pick of an NHL draft who has international appeal/cred. 

I think Buffalo being relevant to the NHL can be overstated (traditionally great tv ratings but low national appeal).
But I do believe this market is somewhat important to the league. 

All of this to say that IMO, Dahlin deserved this and there isn’t a league-wide agenda against small market team’s players winning social media awards like the star of the week. 

Exactly! Everyone knows that Carolina is a small market, but they’ve received plenty of attention because they’ve been having winning seasons. Then again, Montreal and Toronto could get attention for all the wrong reasons. So, market size is irrelevant.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.