Bandits: Head Coach John Tavares signs 3 year extension

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Curt said:

BOILING HOT TAKE:

If he wasn’t uncle of an NHL star with the same name, almost no one would care.

I knew this Tavares first. I remember watching the team with him on it win a championship for Buffalo. I felt pride.

I am definitely one of the almosts.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 6

13 hours ago, Curt said:

BOILING HOT TAKE:

I’m assuming you missed the Bandits first decade.  Noone that witnessed the Bandits first 10 years has this take.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Sakman said:

He's also the all-time leading scorer of the league. 

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I have to believe that @Curt issued his boiling hot take with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

If not, then it's not only boiling hot, but a terrible take too.

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Or just from someone younger than us.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I’m assuming you missed the Bandits first decade.  Noone that witnessed the Bandits first 10 years has this take.

BOILING HOT TAKE UPDATE:

I’m not from and have never lived in western New York.  I’m also not someone who has ever followed lacrosse.

• Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Wow, he's a GOAT in the Lacrosse world, arguably the greatest NLL player of this generation. 

Yeah, I’ve been told he is the greatest lacrosse player in recent history.  I just don’t think many people care about pro lacrosse at all.  It’s what, the 10th or 11th most popular pro sport in the US?

football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, tennis, nascar, F1, golf, MMA, boxing?, horse racing?, bowling?, cricket?

Edited by Curt

15 hours ago, Curt said:

BOILING HOT TAKE:

Uhh, no. He was one of the greatest lacrosse players ever, a member of the Bandits and now their coach, and he's the best at his job. That's why we care.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yeah, I’ve been told he is the greatest lacrosse player in recent history.  I just don’t think many people care about pro lacrosse at all.  It’s what, the 10th or 11th most popular pro sport in the US?

football, basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, tennis, nascar, F1, golf, MMA, boxing?, horse racing?, bowling?, cricket?

You know what else no one cares about? The Buffalo Sabres, yet here we all are.

15 hours ago, Curt said:

BOILING HOT TAKE:

If he wasn’t uncle of an NHL star with the same name, almost no one outside of Buffalo (where he was just hired, and quoted on a Buffalo-centric forum) would care.

Fixed you BOILING BAD TAKE.  😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Curt said:

Well the NLL has been around since what 1987? And still going on today so more than a few people are watching it. I've been to about 20 Bandits games in my time and had the privilege to watch Tavares play, he was as advertised and until you mentioned it I had no clue he was the brother of the Hockey player.

45 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Well the NLL has been around since what 1987? And still going on today so more than a few people are watching it. I've been to about 20 Bandits games in my time and had the privilege to watch Tavares play, he was as advertised and until you mentioned it I had no clue he was the brother of the Hockey player.

Uncle.

49 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Uncle.

It would be funnier if it was two brothers both named John Tavares.

• Haha (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Weave said:

Fixed you BOILING BAD TAKE.  😁

Yeah, probably that too.  It’s ok, sometimes hot takes can bring a lot of heat.

54 minutes ago, MattPie said:

You know what else no one cares about? The Buffalo Sabres, yet here we all are.

Hey hey hey.  Watch your mouth.  Them is fightin’ words.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.