Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

just wanted to re-iterate that in his last 13 games (2 playoffs and 11 regular season).

Savoie has put up 13G and 19A  32points (2.46 pts/game)

(just for comparison - Bedard over the same time frame - 18G and  14A    32 Points)

In his last 43 games Savoie has 33G and 43A  1.76 pts/game

Sam Reinhart played in 47 WHL games in the year after sabres drafted him (2014/15) and scored at a rate of 1.38pts per game for the ICE. He put up 23G and 19A in his rookie year with the Sabres.

I'll be surprised if Savoie is not a Buffalo Sabre next October.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

just wanted to re-iterate that in his last 13 games (2 playoffs and 11 regular season).

(just for comparison - Bedard over the same time frame - 18G and  14A    32 Points)

Sam Reinhart played in 47 WHL games in the year after sabres drafted him (2014/15) and scored at a rate of 1.38pts per game for the ICE. He put up 23G and 19A in his rookie year with the Sabres.

It's really incredible how much he's elevated as the season has gone on.

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Just for comparison, Bedard is 18.5 months younger than Savoie.

That said, Savoie isn't going back to juniors impo. No point really. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Just for comparison, Bedard is 18.5 months younger than Savoie.

That said, Savoie isn't going back to juniors impo. No point really. 

Agreed, only 2 options for Savoie:

1. Sabres

2. Loan him to Europe

I think neither him nor Levi will ever see Rochester (Savoie obviously can;t next yera anyway)

23 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

Agreed, only 2 options for Savoie:

1. Sabres

2. Loan him to Europe

I think neither him nor Levi will ever see Rochester (Savoie obviously can;t next yera anyway)

They can only loan him to Europe if Winnipeg agrees to it.  If they'd agree to that, they'd agree to letting him play in Ra-cha-cha IMHO.  (And can't see them agreeing to either.)

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They can only loan him to Europe if Winnipeg agrees to it.  If they'd agree to that, they'd agree to letting him play in Ra-cha-cha IMHO.  (And can't see them agreeing to either.)

I don't think so.  The quebec league (or whatever he plays in) has an agreement with the AHL where he can't go play there as a 19 year old.  The have no such agreement with Europe.

19 minutes ago, CTJoe said:

I don't think so.  The quebec league (or whatever he plays in) has an agreement with the AHL where he can't go play there as a 19 year old.  The have no such agreement with Europe.

The AHL doesn't have the agreement with the CHL, the NHL does.  And because of that, in the CBA it states that an NHL team that wants to loan an 18 or 19 year old from the CHL to another team needs to offer the player to his CHL team first before offering him to any other team.

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:27 AM, Brawndo said:

I wouldn’t look at Johnson’s Point Totals. He doesn’t get any PP Time. But He is very efficient at moving the puck out of the defensive zone and is more of a defensive defenseman 

Darren Dregier mentioned on Sabres Live on Thursday, the expectation is that He will sign with Buffalo once Minnesota is done. I imagine he plays a week from tomorrow against the Rangers. 

Not just looking at his points (although at the college level one would like to see more offensive production given his experience - he's been outscored by several defensive teammates). But more so, just that he hasn't really improved significantly from 3 seasons ago. He was honorable mention All Big 10 3 seasons ago; not last year; then honorable mention again this year. In the 2-3 games I've seen he's been decent but not special - which one would hope at that level (probably the 2nd best below the NHL level, after the AHL). 

On 4/3/2023 at 7:22 PM, Sabres73 said:

I think signing a free agent d-man or two is a far better solution than giving up on prospects when we don't even know they're ceiling. Build from within, stay with the plan GM KA.

I agree. We have cap space the next couple of seasons. As I mentioned, I'd like to see us sign a top 4 Defenseman (who is a very good defender) and a strong forward. To add to the mixture of young players. But don't want to give up the young prospects. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

I like this kid.  And it’s funny to me how little attention he gets compared to the other two. 

If he was in NA he'd been talked about more. Östlund is on par with Kulich in many ways while being physically behind him. I hope he comes to NA next season. 

25 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

In a few years people will be saying “I can’t believe we got those 3 guys in the first round of the same draft.”

What was originally supposed to be happening about now or maybe a year or 2 ago.  So much for that plan.  ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.