Allen and Okposo

PASabreFan

1 minute ago, Weave said:

KO makes me proud.  I become a little more a fan boi of his every time he speaks publicly.  Just seems like a genuine good guy and easy to root for. 

Hes the best PR that team has.

^This. After he nearly died from his last concussion, I was hoping he’d retire to enjoy his beautiful family and the life hockey gave him. But selfishly, I’m glad he didn’t. He found his game again and we are so better off for it. Hope he plays as long as he likes.

• Like (+1) 4

52 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

The reason for asking the question 'When does Kyle's contract end?' has changed significantly since last year, eh?

Is it too aggressive and unnecessary to say this to all those fans and posters that called Okposo dead cap weight, a burden  and a drag on the team?

rock n roll middle finger GIF by Zakk Wylde

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Old guys rule!

The old bull and the young bull were standing at the top of the hill overlooking a paddock of many gorgeous young heifers. The young bull said, "Let's charge down the hill, knock over that fence and service one of those heifers each". The old bull wisely replied, "Why don't we saunter down the hill, open the gate, take a sip at the water trough and then service ALL of those heifers?"

He's our old Bull.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Weave said:

KO makes me proud.  I become a little more a fan boi of his every time he speaks publicly.  Just seems like a genuine good guy and easy to root for. 

Hes the best PR that team has.

At the podium answering questions he comes off as being impressively thoughtful and incisive. As you point out there is a genuineness and not an ounce of phoniness about him when he is dealing with the media or people in general. He has a natural presence about him that allows him to influence the room without having to say much. He's a high character guy and a humble person. As you point out it's easy to respect and like him. He's such an impressive person. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

At the podium answering questions he comes off as being impressively thoughtful and incisive. As you point out there is a genuineness and not an ounce of phoniness about him when he is dealing with the media or people in general. He has a natural presence about him that allows him to influence the room without having to say much. He's a high character guy and a humble person. As you point out it's easy to respect and like him. He's such an impressive person. 

Wondering if hed make a good coach... or maybe a better fit as a GM

I watched KO's press conference last night. Wow, was that impressive. Talk about value added to a team that can't be measured by goals and assists? A must view for those that haven't seen it. I watched Tuch's also. He was good too but you can see the experience difference. Those two have been mentioned most to wear the 'C' next. If the decision (rightfully) is based on leadership qualities then it's not even debatable in my mind. Tuch will have to wait. 

P.S. - the cadence in Kyle's speech is almost exactly the same as Granato's. Found that striking.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Wondering if hed make a good coach... or maybe a better fit as a GM

This is just my impression but I don't think that he would be willing to subject himself to the grind of coaching at the expense of taking away time from his young family. The same issue of commitment would apply to an entry level front office position. There is no doubt that he is the type of person who is knowledgeable about hockey and who relates to young players that you would want involved with your program in some capacity. No organization can have too many good people working for it. He's one of them.  

2 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

I watched KO's press conference last night. Wow, was that impressive. Talk about value added to a team that can't be measured by goals and assists? A must view for those that haven't seen it. I watched Tuch's also. He was good too but you can see the experience difference. Those two have been mentioned most to wear the 'C' next. If the decision (rightfully) is based on leadership qualities then it's not even debatable in my mind. Tuch will have to wait. 

P.S. - the cadence in Kyle's speech is almost exactly the same as Granato's. Found that striking.

Okposo is captain by default, he doesn't need a C...everyone in the locker room respects the hell out of that dude.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Okposo is captain by default, he doesn't need a C...everyone in the locker room respects the hell out of that dude.

Craig Rivet made mention on ATW about his experience in the locker room when he was a SJ Shark. That room was stacked with leadership and chemistry!

Maybe it took some time to get the right people in both the FO and the locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I'm certain that is true. Give him the C. He has earned it. Bestow that honor on him. And I agree with you that he doesn't need the C. Kyle will be Kyle regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/30/2022 at 6:42 PM, JustOneParade said:

The reason for asking the question 'When does Kyle's contract end?' has changed significantly since last year, eh?

I want to say I made a post to the effect of Kyle would ultimately be worth his contract but I've searched for it and haven't been able to find it.  You could see it going back to the LOG line:  He was very serious back then of doing everything he could to be an asset to the team, even if it was 4th line duty.

On 4/30/2022 at 8:19 PM, JohnC said:

I kind of hope that once his playing days are done the Sabres can find a development/coaching position for him.

(if that's what he wants)

26 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Fancy stats say that KO is over paid. Who wants to bring him back?

Thats Me I Am GIF by Ryn Dean

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I kind of hope that once his playing days are done the Sabres can find a development/coaching position for him.

Yeah I don’t know how you couldn’t want him back right now.

Have they come up with fancy stats for the value of leadership yet? Especially for a guy who is helping a bunch of talented young kids bring an organization out the abyss?

Yes, I want him back. As long as he is still productive and his salary is commensurate with everything he brings to the team.

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I would include players such as Gergs and Asplund to the unappreciated group where the stats don't come close to measuring the value. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.