Official Sabres Sign First Overall Pick in 2021 Owen Power to His ELC/Debut Is Tentatively Scheduled versus TML on 4/12

Brawndo

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He's a drag every single time he is on the ice. Missed passes, loses battles, can't shoot, mediocre skater, bad at receiving passes, extremely limited stick skills. Eakin is a black hole of uselessness on the ice. 

I think I need some clarification, how do you really feel. 

couldn’t agree more…

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

***** amazing that ppl will defend Eakin cuz he's a 55.6% faceoff player while just acting like his 39.3% corsi and 23.8xgf doesn't really matter and it's obsessive to point out he's literally dogshit at all other aspects of hockey. 

Meanwhile Rasmus Dahlin has a single mediocre play in any game and it's 10 posts about how maybe we should trade him or he's not that good, he's soft, whatever bs gets said. 

Yes, I think some ppl do at the least value him even though he's worthless. 

LOL you are dying on this hill today😀

No one is defending Eakin. This came about because someone suggested suddenly turning Butcher into a forward and have him replace Eakin for the rest of the season. That is not a good idea.

Eakin at least adds face offs where Butcher would add nothing. They need to move on from Eakin but he is here for now.

KA calls him a glue player.

He is here as a mentoring vet, even keel, good human being. He is doing his role. He won't be back but the locker room may still miss him. I have to trust that KA and DG think highly despite the holes in his game. He's here and playing despite his fancy stats. If you listed to KA on the pod cast today you know he knows every metric of every player on this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

***** amazing that ppl will defend Eakin cuz he's a 55.6% faceoff player while just acting like his 39.3% corsi and 23.8xgf doesn't really matter and it's obsessive to point out he's literally dogshit at all other aspects of hockey. 

Meanwhile Rasmus Dahlin has a single mediocre play in any game and it's 10 posts about how maybe we should trade him or he's not that good, he's soft, whatever bs gets said. 

Yes, I think some ppl do at the least value him even though he's worthless. 

Your fixation on this inconsequential player is out of proportion to his role on this team. I'm not aware of anyone who has overrated his talents and contributions. That's just you creating your fictitious bogeyman to rail against in order to support your zealousness on this minor player and issue. It's very likely Eakon will not be on the roster next year. He's at the end of the line. It might serve you well to direct your attention toward another player. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Your fixation on this inconsequential player is out of proportion to his role on this team. I'm not aware of anyone who has overrated his talents and contributions. That's just you creating your fictitious bogeyman to rail against in order to support your zealousness on this minor player and issue. It's very likely Eakon will not be on the roster next year. He's at the end of the line. It might serve you well to direct your attention toward another player. 

If he's on the roster next season and playing games, we're not a playoff team. 

15 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

KA calls him a glue player.

He is here as a mentoring vet, even keel, good human being. He is doing his role. He won't be back but the locker room may still miss him. I have to trust that KA and DG think highly despite the holes in his game. He's here and playing despite his fancy stats. If you listed to KA on the pod cast today you know he knows every metric of every player on this team. 

If they think highly of his on ice play, I don't trust them. 

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Season 1 Reaction GIF by Friends

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Does he have to? I really thought we were going to get a break after Risto left the team.

There isn’t a single person on the the board that doesn’t know what Eakin is. I’m not even sure who LGR is yelling at.

• Thanks (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Does he have to? I really thought we were going to get a break after Risto left the team.

There isn’t a single person on the the board that doesn’t know what Eakin is. I’m not even sure who LGR is yelling at.

Raptor Hitler

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

As like you, I have never heard anyone inflate his talents and on ice contributions. He is what he is. He is a veteran player at the end of the line whose contributions more likely relate to his professionalism and positive influence on the youngsters. My understanding is that he is well respected and popular with his teammates. He doesn't deserve to be targeted and an object of scorn.  

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

As like you, I have never heard anyone inflate his talents and on ice contributions. He is what he is. He is a veteran player at the end of the line whose contributions more likely relate to his professionalism and positive influence on the youngsters. My understanding is that he is well respected and popular with his teammates. He doesn't deserve to be targeted and an object of scorn.  

For his on ice play he does. 

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I don’t know this reference.

It's not reference, it's a joke

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

LOL you are dying on this hill today😀

This came about because someone suggested suddenly turning Butcher into a forward and have him replace Eakin for the rest of the season. That is not a good idea.

Oh no please don't tell me someone took The Man With the Chicken Head seriously. I'm going to go all pirate here "Arrrrrrrrrrgh". 

• Brawndo changed the title to The Official Owen Power and Erik Portillo Watch
7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Eakin is the worst forward on the Sabres and it's not particularly close. He deserves more scorn but this board in particular loves faceoffs and guys who hit stuff regardless of their ability to actually be decent at hockey. 

He is slightly above average in face offs, decent in haircuts, and outstanding at throwing neck shade at Eichel.

Other than that, you can expect the negative result whenever he has the puck on his stick. 

Has anyone said to themselves, “nice play Eakin” and actually meant it at any point this season? 

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.