GDT: 2/23/2022 Sabres at Canadiens, 6:30 pm CT (that's 7:30 ET for you Buffalonians) MSG, WGR

Doohickie

Just now, Norcal said:

***** squad out there tonight.

Not sure what happened since Colorado but they don't look very like one unit out there. 

Nobody knows what the other is going to do. Passes into areas where the defender can just pick em off and go on the attack. 

Not good. 

I blame long Covid syndrome 😂

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Someone reported at the start of the period that the Canadiens broadcast said joker was not on the bench.  The Sabres broadcast team finally caught wind of that 2/3 of the way through the period.

And pretty much the entirety of the Sabres broadcast crew is at Rich Stadium at present.  They probably have a technician or 2 there to help w/ coordinating their broadcast off the Habs feed but most of the crew doesn't travel this year.

Embarrassing… Granato needs to have a better explanation for tonight’s play other than youth, development, ad nauseam… We were outplayed for 60 minutes by the last place team in the NHL…  And we had a chance to sweep the series… 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

Embarrassing… Granato needs to have a better explanation for tonight’s play other than youth, development, ad nauseam… We were outplayed for 60 minutes by the last place team in the NHL…  And we had a chance to sweep the series… 

Hmm, Okposo out & the team played w/ no heart.  Probably just a coincidence.  😉

As much of a trainwreck as the Habs have been you can see in their play that winning is still important. The Sabres, not so much. Q meatballs presser. I’d like to ask him which team got the most development for their youngsters during this game. I doubt he’d acknowledge that the habs benefitted the most.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Believer said:

Start with coaching that motivates play… 

15 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

You have to start wondering now. It’s most nights like this. The same errors under RK and Phil. 

Buffalo hasn't beaten a likely playoff team since January 13th at Nashville.  Their wins after that are OTT, PHI, AZ, MON, and NYI.  

You keep expectations reasonable for a rebuild in year 1, but the consistent effort, defensive improvement, etc. isn't happening under this HC.  

The rebuild is regressing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

This might be the stinkiest turd they’ve dropped all year and that’s saying something. Can’t think of one good takeaway from the debacle.

Keeping alive the chance to finish bottom 3 in the league this year. And that’s about the only one I can come up with. 

1 minute ago, Believer said:

Go to the Sabres website and look at the shots by period… distance… and pattern… This is a coaching issue…

Well look at their coaches and their lack of NHL experience across the board and it’s not that surprising actually. 

• Like (+1) 2

Even the best teams put out these kinds of games throughout the season, it's one of those games where nothing is working for them no matter what they do. This year is all about the prospects getting playing time whether it's good, bad or ugly on the ice and it sure was bad and ugly tonight. I loved Dahlin's fire tonight, I really hope this is who he becomes as a player. I also like Matias Samuelsson's game, he was hitting and getting the puck out quickly. I'm not sure why Biro was called up before Peterka, a Rochester thing perhaps? You could just tell from the first period that they were all just out of sink and now onto the Blues.

We have 40 points and 31 games left…  if we can win at least 10 games… 30%… we can take a step to building a Win Culture… even in the first rebuild year… 

• Haha (+1) 1

I’m at the point where if Eakin and Bjork are in the lineup, I’m not going to bother to watch

eakin played 11 mins and got caved in AGAIN.   Team worst 20% Corsi.  0 shot attempts. 1 brutal giveaway.    
His line mates were near as bad  

they aren’t good enough to overcome his putrid play.   

Next time I watch a Sabres game one of JJ, Jack or UPL will be in the lineup.   Hopefully all 3

Otherwise it’s just a waste of time 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Finally watched the game. Had to work tonight. Wow. They were awful. I thought they might lose since the Habs are riding that new coach buzz. But they were awful. It's been a while since they played a game and did nothing at all for 60 minutes.

Only positives were the couple physical plays and the fight. Biro did some nice things. The rest was awful.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.