Annual NHL Swap Meet Has Begun - Transactions listed Here! (Trade deadline 03/21/22 @ 3pm ET)

GASabresIUFAN

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I would say that Eakin does, in fact, provide value to the Sabres.  He's been the FO guy in key situations and it has paid off in the 2 OT games and I think there as also an EN goal that came off an Eakin FO win.  To stay on the roster beyond this season he has to provide more than FO  expertise and locker room chemistry, but he'll be here for the rest of the season.  They won't waive him.

I'd rather have Bryson playing on his off side with Power than have Miller there.

I hope that's the case also since Miller won't be here next season.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I would say that Eakin does, in fact, provide value to the Sabres.  He's been the FO guy in key situations and it has paid off in the 2 OT games and I think there as also an EN goal that came off an Eakin FO win.  To stay on the roster beyond this season he has to provide more than FO  expertise and locker room chemistry, but he'll be here for the rest of the season.  They won't waive him.

He absolutely does whether we like it or not, we don't lol.

He's the best FO guy on the team, guys should be lining up in practice taking draw after draw against him. 

After practice, Krebs, Mitts, Asplund, Tage should all be asking for 25 extra draws. 

It's the one thing he's got, use it up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I don’t want to belabour what is not really a huge deal, but keeping Butcher, Pysyk and Miller in Buffalo while sending down Mule Fitzpatrick and Power won’t help the players, and won’t help the Sabres.

Adams said exactly this in his interview. Letting the younger guys succeed in Rochester happens if the vets are in place in Buffalo. Buffalo aren’t playing for a playoff spot, Rochester are. The kids getting a playoff run is huge. Krebs Mule And Fitzpatrick were added to the Amerks playoff list today so they can play if the Amerks make it.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Adams said exactly this in his interview. Letting the younger guys succeed in Rochester happens if the vets are in place in Buffalo. Buffalo aren’t playing for a playoff spot, Rochester are. The kids getting a playoff run is huge. Krebs Mule And Fitzpatrick were added to the Amerks playoff list today so they can play if the Amerks make it.

That quote was about the AHL playoffs, which could have and would have happened irrespective of keeping Miller or not.

Mule, Fitz and Miller are 3 of 8 D currently on the NHL roster. Power will be the 9th. 

5 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Love that Arizona stole that Finnish goalie 

I think the other 31 teams and their fanbases are thrilled.  Everyone hates the Leafs and how could you not hate an organization that has unlimited resources, hasn't won crap since 1967 yet still arrogantly call themselves the epicenter of the hockey universe.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

That quote was about the AHL playoffs, which could have and would have happened irrespective of keeping Miller or not.

Mule, Fitz and Miller are 3 of 8 D currently on the NHL roster. Power will be the 9th. 

If the plan is for Mueller and Fitz to go down for the AHL playoffs, then Power will be one of 7.  That seems about right.

13 minutes ago, Curt said:

If the plan is for Mueller and Fitz to go down for the AHL playoffs, then Power will be one of 7.  That seems about right.

Pretty sure the NHL season ends and the AHL playoffs start around the same time.

At least one player will have to go down when Power signs, well before then.

If it was up to me, the Sabres dress Fitz/Mule/Bryson/Jokiharju/Dahlin and one of Pysyk/Miller until Power signs, about 2 weeks from now.

Then I send Fitz and Mule down to finish the AHL season while Power joins a Miller Pysyk Butcher rotation to finish the NHL season. 

I would have rather traded Miller and kept Fitz and Mule here longer. They’ll learn more up here and our team will be better for having them in the roster.

• SDS unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Pretty sure the NHL season ends and the AHL playoffs start around the same time.

At least one player will have to go down when Power signs, well before then.

If it was up to me, the Sabres dress Fitz/Mule/Bryson/Jokiharju/Dahlin and one of Pysyk/Miller until Power signs, about 2 weeks from now.

Then I send Fitz and Mule down to finish the AHL season while Power joins a Miller Pysyk Butcher rotation to finish the NHL season. 

I would have rather traded Miller and kept Fitz and Mule here longer. They’ll learn more up here and our team will be better for having them in the roster.

The Amerks are far from a playoff certainty at this point. Letting some of them go down and help them get there is the point.

Jankowski went down and has helped them win a couple close games. If they have Eakin away for a conditional 7th then Jankowski comes up and can’t help the Amerks her to the playoffs. 

That is the point. If you give the vets away for nothing it effects depth throughout the organization and hinders the Amerks chances to get to the playoffs. Adams sent a message that winning now is more important then an extra 6th or 7th round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

The Amerks are far from a playoff certainty at this point. Letting some of them go down and help them get there is the point.

Jankowski went down and has helped them win a couple close games. If they have Eakin away for a conditional 7th then Jankowski comes up and can’t help the Amerks her to the playoffs. 

That is the point. If you give the vets away for nothing it effects depth throughout the organization and hinders the Amerks chances to get to the playoffs. Adams sent a message that winning now is more important then an extra 6th or 7th round pick.

If this is the point, then why were Krebs, Fitz and Mule sent down then immediately called up?

We don’t need them in Buffalo right now with Miller Pysyk Butcher Bjork and Hayden all available.

Separate discussion: Krebs, Mule and Fitz are going to benefit more from playing against NHL competition than AHL competition.

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol... the Vegas golden Knights

Apparently they traded Dadanov to a team on his no trade list... which may or may not have been filed. 

Wow between Dadonov’s $5 million out the door and Kesler’s LTIR contract that would have cleared up their cap mess. If this deal doesn’t go though then what? They can’t make any deals now. You think they would have made a deal like this earlier in the week so they could have time to pivot if it went south.

Edited by Flashsabre

The wording in the ESPN article is that "Dadonov's contract indicates he can't be traded without first submitting a 10-team no-trade list. The Ducks were on a previously submitted no-trade list."

So if that wording is correct and I'm interpreting it correctly, that means that it would be incumbent on VGK to solicit the list from him before trading him. 

Live look-in at VGK management:

ringling bros clowns GIF by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

The wording in the ESPN article is that "Dadonov's contract indicates he can't be traded without first submitting a 10-team no-trade list. The Ducks were on a previously submitted no-trade list."

So if that wording is correct and I'm interpreting it correctly, that means that it would be incumbent on VGK to solicit the list from him before trading him. 

Live look-in at VGK management:

ringling bros clowns GIF by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey

I'm curious what will happen.

Perhaps the Sabres can swoop in to save the day with Boychuck's contract

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.