All Star Weekend

Believer

Thought the Skills Challenge was fun…. Skating Speed, Shot Speed, several contests highlighting Shot Accuracy and poise under pressure… Good stuff…  Zegras’ Blindfold 360 puck handling and shot in the Breakaway Challenge was amazing… Kid is special… Dahlin performed well… 4th of 9 in timed accuracy… and would have been higher but a whiff cost him a couple seconds… Nonplussed… He recovered immediately… Top of the leader board for a little bit… Wonderful experience for him… Expect he will come back to Buffalo full of confidence… and want to get back there next year… Looking forward to watching the all All Stars perform tomorrow… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

The breakaway challenge has turned into a clown show. Nothing but a gag. What was a little fun at first has turned into an embarrassment. The Zegras blindfold breakaway with the puck glued to his stick was pathetic, not to mention the goalies pretending to try to make a save. I have lost all interest in the skills challenge after last night. Go back to the plain hardest shot, fastest skater, accuracy, goaltending and the breakaways without the BS. I wanna see the players skills, not the fake garbage it has become. Again, that Zegras breakaway was so beyond fake.  

• Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

The breakaway challenge has turned into a clown show. Nothing but a gag. What was a little fun at first has turned into an embarrassment. The Zegras blindfold breakaway with the puck glued to his stick was pathetic, not to mention the goalies pretending to try to make a save. I have lost all interest in the skills challenge after last night. Go back to the plain hardest shot, fastest skater, accuracy, goaltending and the breakaways without the BS. I wanna see the players skills, not the fake garbage it has become. Again, that Zegras breakaway was so beyond fake.  

A good friend who is a Rabbi has a great saying that seems to apply here ... there is always someone that will insist on throwing a turd into the punch bowl

😉

2 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

Looked real to me ? Dammit now i have to watch it again 

I'll agree with those saying that this has turned into some kind of side-show...but that is just my opinion. I don't have to watch and for those who do enjoy it, Its for them not me.  I guess the key is the players also. If some fans like it, and the players have fun with it, then there is no reason for it to change. I'll just pick up watching these guys when they get back to regular games.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well I guess I gotta delete my comment. Still, it's a fun goal

It was a fun goal but wish he didn't say anything it ruined what i thought was the goal the year . 😕 oh well 

6 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'll agree with those saying that this has turned into some kind of side-show...but that is just my opinion. I don't have to watch and for those who do enjoy it, Its for them not me.  I guess the key is the players also. If some fans like it, and the players have fun with it, then there is no reason for it to change. I'll just pick up watching these guys when they get back to regular games.

Some do the others Just look miserable and don't wanna be there 

I think the younger players are happy to be considered all stars and in awe of the older stars.

The older guys would prefer a vacation but make the best of it by bringing family along.

I barely watch it because it is not what I consider hockey, but I catch some of it due to the elite skills on display.

6 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

After watching it 10 times it looks like he has some type of sticky tape holding the puck 😕

Geez… Sure looked real… Great gag design and execution by Zegras, then… All Star worthy…

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Down 5-3, need some of these shooters on the Atlantic to stop missing. 

Omg Dahlin... that we dirty. 

5-4

Dahlin with a goal and an assist. The goal was nice. 

Yes and thanks to ABC, we got an interview with some attention ***** dude rather than coverage of the actual goal.

• Like (+1) 2

Hard to see it because espn is trash but 6-4 central now. Espn was too busy talking to a football player. 

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

Yes and thanks to ABC, we got an interview with some attention ***** dude rather than coverage of the actual goal.

Totally trash coverage by espn

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.