Sabres announce Peyton Krebs, JJ Peterka and Artuu Ruotsalainen called Up

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres announce Peyton Krebs, JJ Peterka and Artuu Ruotsalainen called Up
9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What the Sabres allowed to carry for a taxi squad? 

Brawndo has a thing in the "League Hits Pause" thread on page 3.  maximum of 6 players on the taxi squad with all sorts of caveats.

Peterka-Thompson-Tuch
Asplund-Ruotsalainen-Olofsson
Murray-Krebs-Okposo
Bjrok-Eakin-Hayden

To put this into perspective, the bolded forwards in the lineup above played in the last game; this lineup does *not* include the following forwards from the last game:

Cozens, Girgensons, Hinostroza, Jankowski, Skinner are on the Covid list (or otherwise injured, but I think they're all Covid).

This team will find out how much Hinostroza means to this team 😉

Seriously though:  I'd rather see Cozens between JJ and Tuch, but Thompson should be fine.  Krebs is, as @dudacek mentions, in a position to succeed (or at least be protected).  I hope Artuu is up to the task between Asplund and Olofsson; that is the line I worry most about, especially if they get 2nd line opposition.

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri

22 minutes ago, inkman said:

Gotta be tough for Jack Quinn, Who at the time of getting his illness, was the leading scorer in the AHL.  His time will come, soon, just sucks that he has to watch his buds get the call before him.  I’m sure he’s thrilled for them too. 

Came here to say exactly this.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What the Sabres allowed to carry for a taxi squad? 

If they choose to do a taxi squad, I think the callups are all on it (i.e., they're only with the Sabres due to Covid and when players clear protocol they will bounce down to taxi squad).  I don't think that's what management wants to do though; they want those guys playing big minutes, not waiting for someone to test Covid positive.  It will be interesting to see what develops.

Also taxi squad:  One of UPL/Subban/Anderson/Tokarski once Anderson and Toker can play.  This will actually be a benefit to the Sabres to carry three goalies considering their situation.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.