Did Dahlin and UPL just become best friends?

PASabreFan

Remember when Rasmus patted Ukko on the back, during play, after Rasmus fell down or whatever and Ukko saved his pannie?

Fast forward to last night. After the game, Rasmus was asked about UPL's play, and he lit up — "He's just unbelievable."

Is this all a Swede needed — a Finn? Can a brother get witness?

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Remember when Rasmus patted Ukko on the back, during play, after Rasmus fell down or whatever and Ukko saved his pannie?

Fast forward to last night. After the game, Rasmus was asked about UPL's play, and he lit up — "He's just unbelievable."

Is this all a Swede needed — a Finn? Can a brother get witness?

It worked for Tallinder & Lydman.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So now we're not in to discussing moving on from Dahlin because a potential future all star goalie is bailing him out?

My point wasn't about bailing out. It was about the young blond Swede feeling good about the massive young Finn behind him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Sing it with me….

Ukka Ukka Ukka Pekka, Ukka Ukka Ukka Pekka….

Briliant. This should be an arena thing. It's just not in the DNA of the organization or Buffalo fans. It will exist only in my imagination. Same with the Canal song. Oh well maybe it's better that way. So much of Sabres hockey resides in my head and my head only.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

All star? Or just a decent, competent net minder? 

Potential

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

My point wasn't about bailing out. It was about the young blond Swede feeling good about the massive young Finn behind him.

I'd feel good to if a co-worker reduced the impact of my mistakes, my partner at work, as I'm typing this, just said to me, "you cough the puck up at the blue line here, your on your own" 😆 

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Briliant. This should be an arena thing. It's just not in the DNA of the organization or Buffalo fans. It will exist only in my imagination. Same with the Canal song. Oh well maybe it's better that way. So much of Sabres hockey resides in my head and my head only.

Really, those wildly popular arena songs are all campy.  This would be perfect for goals, big saves, a win, whatever.

And can you imagine 15k people chanting Ukka Ukka Ukka Pekka i unison?  Awesome.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

He should be all of their best friend.

The boys needed a goaltender to come in and stabilize the net and UPL has managed to stand in and make some of the saves the other goalies can't and haven't. 

Coming off so many 5 goal games in a row they had to be feeling helpless.

UPL doesn't even carry a wallet I bet.

The boys are probably treating him, sending him room service and holding the door for him right now everywhere they go. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.