More Alleged Lowlife Behavior by Evander Kane

nfreeman

9 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So -- no facts?  No examples of people with similar long strings of issues but who haven't been criticized?  Just more unsubstantiated accusations of racism, plus naming a guy with one offense, not a series of them like Kane?  Awesome.

Do you say the same things about Kyrie Irving that you say about Beasley?  (Leaving aside that neither of them is lying about their position the way Kane did -- which is an undeniably lowlife move)?

What would have to happen for you to admit that criticism of Kane isn't driven by racism?

I thought that was all it took to condemn someone.

And I honestly have no idea who Kyrie Irving is.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I thought that was all it took to condemn someone.

And I honestly have no idea who Kyrie Irving is.

What does this mean?  Did you not read the posts in this thread demonstrating that much of the Kane stuff is, in fact, well substantiated?

Kyrie Irving is a great NBA player who is also a completely self-absorbed space cadet who is refusing to get vaccinated in a Beasley-like protest move against vaccine mandates, resulting in him not playing this year and probably torpedoing his team's chances at winning the title this year.  (He plays for the Nets, who prior to this episode, were the near-universal favorites to win the title.)

Just now, nfreeman said:

What does this mean?  Did you not read the posts in this thread demonstrating that much of the Kane stuff is, in fact, well substantiated?

Kyrie Irving is a great NBA player who is also a completely self-absorbed space cadet who is refusing to get vaccinated in a Beasley-like protest move against vaccine mandates, resulting in him not playing this year and probably torpedoing his team's chances at winning the title this year.  (He plays for the Nets, who prior to this episode, were the near-universal favorites to win the title.)

The only thing substantiated was the vax card. You are making my point for me.

If that’s who Kyrie is, then yes, he is a monumental dumbass, as well.

58 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Nathen Paetsch ran a gambling ring in which hundreds of players gambled. He’ll probably end up on the Sabres coaching staff one day.

And accusations from an exxwife are just that, accusations. Nothing until proven.

The vax card is just stupid. Not exactly lowlife. Beasley trumpets being a dumbass and gets celebrated for it.

I’m not even saying that he isn’t a dick, but he certainly isn’t the only one and I believe race to be a factor in both how his behavior is perceived by some and on how it is covered by media.

Beasley does not get celebrated.  He has lost popularity.   Stop making up things. 

Your defense for Kane is essentially that there are other players just as bad and the heat is on Kane due to race. 

I cannot think of another NHL player with more legal and behavioral issues and accusations than Kane.  Gambling, drugs, spousal abuse, and now fraud.   No other black players are in this situation.   Race is not why Kane is at the center of these issues.    

Edited by Pimlach

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Nathen Paetsch ran a gambling ring in which hundreds of players gambled. He’ll probably end up on the Sabres coaching staff one day.

And accusations from an exxwife are just that, accusations. Nothing until proven.

The vax card is just stupid. Not exactly lowlife. Beasley trumpets being a dumbass and gets celebrated for it.

I’m not even saying that he isn’t a dick, but he certainly isn’t the only one and I believe race to be a factor in both how his behavior is perceived by some and on how it is covered by media.

I could quibble with you over details of specific incidents, but that’s not really the point.

I actually agree with you that race is at times a factor in how Evander Kane is perceived and written about by some.  

My point is that to say Evander Kane is a ***** person because of X, Y, and Z is not racist.  He has a lot of very real ***** things swirling around him.

I don’t know the guy, but I think it’s pretty clear that he has done a pretty poor job of managing his life.  You can’t just dismiss all of these legal troubles and drama.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Wasn't E.Kane cleared of assault charges?

And also cleared of gambling on his own games charges. 

Shh. Facts don't matter, I mean, they only matter when it's time for me to prove my point.

So, all we have is the vax card thing. What a lowlife.

Gambling isnt illegal. Maybe people are just mad that he is bad at it.

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Shh. Facts don't matter, I mean, they only matter when it's time for me to prove my point.

So, all we have is the vax card thing. What a lowlife.

Gambling isnt illegal. Maybe people are just mad that he is bad at it.

So, just to confirm -- you have zero examples of other guys who have done the stuff that EK has done and not been criticized, but you're standing by your accusations of racism?

I'll ask again:  is there a set of circumstances where criticizing Kane, or anyone who looks like him, wouldn't elicit an accusation of racism?

Here's another question:  would you want your sister or daughter to marry EK?  Would you want him as a business partner?

As for "all we have is the vax card" -- there are, as factual items, multiple unpaid debts (SIX lenders have sued him), and two hockey teams that we know about where his teammates have pushed hard for the team to get rid of him.

27 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

So, just to confirm -- you have zero examples of other guys who have done the stuff that EK has done and not been criticized, but you're standing by your accusations of racism?

I'll ask again:  is there a set of circumstances where criticizing Kane, or anyone who looks like him, wouldn't elicit an accusation of racism?

Here's another question:  would you want your sister or daughter to marry EK?  Would you want him as a business partner?

As for "all we have is the vax card" -- there are, as factual items, multiple unpaid debts (SIX lenders have sued him), and two hockey teams that we know about where his teammates have pushed hard for the team to get rid of him.

Ahh. Why would I answer any of your questions? You will just ignore the answers you don't like and ask more to try and prove your point. I've seen this play before.

I believe that there are planty of other self absorbed douchebags in the NHL doing sketchy stuff. I believe that EK is viewed differently about it because of his race. You don't. Go Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Ahh. Why would I answer any of your questions? You will just ignore the answers you don't like and ask more to try and prove your point. I've seen this play before.

I believe that there are planty of other self absorbed douchebags in the NHL doing sketchy stuff. I believe that EK is viewed differently about it because of his race. You don't. Go Sabres.

Except that you haven't provided any answers, or facts, or logic -- just descriptions of your general sense of things.

I agree that going around further on this is pointless.  All I will say is that calling someone a racist is a serious charge of a major character flaw, and that too many people casually throw it around like they're flipping a quarter into a wishing well.

7 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Except that you haven't provided any answers, or facts, or logic -- just descriptions of your general sense of things.

I agree that going around further on this is pointless.  All I will say is that calling someone a racist is a serious charge of a major character flaw, and that too many people casually throw it around like they're flipping a quarter into a wishing well.

Im not saying it is happening here, but it seems many times people will just call someone a racist because generally people will argue that point instead of the point at hand. Mostly because people dont want to be called a racist.

It makes it easier to "win" an argument  because it forces the accused to start fighting 2 fronts 

Again, im not saying that was the persons intent, but it seems to happen far too often 

Edited by miles

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Yes, asking me if I would let my sister or daughter marry him is doing a deep dive into facts. and logic. Give me a break.

And you want me to scour the internet for something whose very lack of existance kinda proves my point. I already brought up the Paetsch situation.

Saying that race plays a part in peoples views of race in no way impies that they are racist.

Edited by SwampD

I find it interesting that for P Kane it is all about how "we don't know what happened" and "innocent until proven guilty". In fact his thread title is about how he was cleared of charges and even adds in the NHL said the accusations were nothing. 

but 

With E Kane it is "more alleged low life behavior" even though the behavior outside of the vax card was not proven. Just interesting is all. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I find it interesting that for P Kane it is all about how "we don't know what happened" and "innocent until proven guilty". In fact his thread title is about how he was cleared of charges and even adds in the NHL said the accusations were nothing. 

but 

With E Kane it is "more alleged low life behavior" even though the behavior outside of the vax card was not proven. Just interesting is all. 

To be honest it may have more to do with us already having a bias against EK whereas for Buffalo people, PK is an idol to kids and thus receives more benefit of the doubt. EK and PK both had rough off-ice problems but EK had a more direct impact on the Sabres and continues to meander into trouble while PK seems to have turned his life around.

The race issue is overblown and tends to hold little water when looked into. Racism certainly exists but I completely disagree that it is an inherent part of all criticisms of black people.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, SwampD said:

It really is. $25MM?!

My tolerance is around $2K.

I can handle that amount of debt. Recently we got up to substantially higher than that.

I don't like it.

Kane is young enough with enough hockey left in him to make that money back and get himself straight.  It cant be good for mental health to constantly have all this stuff hanging over his head.  He keeps it up and he'll give himself a nervous breakdown.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.