Jack Eichel: Trade rumors and speculation

LGR4GM

Just now, darksabre said:

I don't follow. When did Jack make his injuries a problem during the season? Did he not selflessly try to push through them for the sake of the team?

When the ROR situation went down, I tended to think Ryan was the issue because of his past and he couldn’t deal with Jack overshadowing him. Is it possible that enough people have said enough things about Jack that may be O’Reilly was right?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

When the ROR situation went down, I tended to think Ryan was the issue because of his past and he couldn’t deal with Jack overshadowing him. Is it possible that enough people have said enough things about Jack that may be O’Reilly was right?

I don't believe the narrative manufactured by the media and fans here that there was bad blood between Eichel and O'Reilly.

Edited by darksabre
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I've never believed the narrative manufactured by the media and fans here that there was bad blood between Eichel and O'Reilly.

I thought there was a quote from O’Reilly that alluded to this. My memory sucks,  but I’m pretty sure he alluded to this.

4 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

This org is one sad story indeed.

Please explain what in this tweet makes you say that? To me Kevyn Adams is holding his ground against those who want him to give Eichel up for nothing. Frankly I don't care about Eichel's frustration or other teams low-ball offers.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Good work so far Kevyn.

He's put himself into a position where we absolutely need to knock this trade out of the park, so I understand his stalwart stance and I admire it. 

- - - 

I think he's made a potentially catastrophic mistake by giving himself no choice, after backing himself so far into a corner, with regards to all the other decisions and moves made

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, SDS said:

I thought there was a quote from O’Reilly that alluded to this. My memory sucks, so I can’t see anymore but I’m pretty sure he alluded to this.

I don't recall this ever having been a thing.

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

He definitely didn't show good leadership not congratulating power.

Sports fans are the absolute worst

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I don't recall this ever having been a thing.

Sports fans are the absolute worst

Adams wasn't even aware Jack was skating and wouldn't acknowledge him for weeks, and Jack Eichel is supposed to congratulate college bound "Owen Power" 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

He doesn't need surgery - ***** been playing pick up games for weeks now and sabres probably found out he did.

The surgery doesn't hurt his value as much as this next thing that comes out.

Jack does need surgery. There's no doubt about it. The issue is not whether he needs surgery as it is what type of surgery does he need. Don't misinterpret the fact that just because he is skating and maybe even playing in pickup games that it is an indication that a surgical procedure isn't needed. What he is not doing in his offseason training sessions is hitting anyone or being hit. He still needs surgery. And that is why it is so challenging to work out an acceptable trade that would get back a reasonable return for him. 

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Because it's an honor to be drafted 1st over all it doesn't have to be about buffalo at all .  So other NHL players can congratulate him but Jack can't even do one simple thing

Why should NHL players be congratulating draft picks? Why do we need this dog and pony show for teenagers who aren't even on the team?

If Owen Power and Jack Eichel ever end up in the same lockerroom together then Jack can congratulate him on making it.

Until then it's just more manufactured reasons to dislike a player by fans who need a constant IV drip of drama.

• Thanks (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Derrico said:

Like I just cannot fathom why they would go with a rookie GM to make these franchise altering moves. 

Every GM, Head Coach, etc is a rookie at some point. Brandon Beane and Sean MCDermott were never top guys before they came to the Bills. I suspect half the NHL teams have first timers at GM and head coach. It's person you hire, not the resume. 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Adams wasn't even aware Jack was skating and wouldn't acknowledge him for weeks, and Jack Eichel is supposed to congratulate college bound "Owen Power" 

Adams said that. Doesn't mean he didn't know.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Why should NHL players be congratulating draft picks? Why do we need this dog and pony show for teenagers who aren't even on the team?

If Owen Power and Jack Eichel ever end up in the same lockerroom together then Jack can congratulate him on making it.

Until then it's just more manufactured reasons to dislike a player by fans who need a constant IV drip of drama.

He's going. He's gone. It's a certainty. I cannot understand the need to tar-and-feather the guy on his way out and frankly it puts me off 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Every GM, Head Coach, etc is a rookie at some point. Brandon Beane and Sean MCDermott were never top guys before they came to the Bills. I suspect half the NHL teams have first timers at GM and head coach. It's person you hire, not the resume. 

Adams said that. Doesn't mean he didn't know.

So he publicly acted as if he doesn't care about him and you want Jack to publicly act as if he does

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Please explain what in this tweet makes you say that? To me Kevyn Adams is holding his ground against those who want him to give Eichel up for nothing. Frankly I don't care about Eichel's frustration or other teams low-ball offers.

The fact that you have not come to realise that this org has missed out on playoffs in over a decade now makes me wonder if you are for real? 

And if a team hires an experienced guy, fans bash the hire as a "retread." 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MODO Hockey said:

The fact that you have not come to realise that this org has missed out on playoffs in over a decade now makes me wonder if you are for real? 

I am very aware of all of that. I'm asking why YOU said that in response to that tweet? Or is that just something you felt like blurting out?

Yesterday the Senate leader and House minority leader said they didn't pay attention to the 1/6 Committee hearings. Do you believe that? 

Joe Biden is not my president.

B/c I have a prime minister 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

FWIW one of my sources says he expects something to happen w/ Eichel over the next 48 hours.    He's been quiet thus far on the topic, which is why it caught my attention.

That said, I still don't think anything happens until we get closer to mid-August and all the FA dust has settled.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, pi2000 said:

FWIW one of my sources says he expects something to happen w/ Eichel over the next 48 hours.    He's been quiet thus far on the topic, which is why it caught my attention.

That said, I still don't think anything happens until we get closer to mid-August and all the FA dust has settled.

Is your sources twitter? we're all ears

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

"Touch 'em all, Joe!"

• Awesome! (+1) 2