GDT: 3/24/2021: Sabres at Pittsburgh Penguins 8pm NBCSN

DarthEbriate

Just got to the game.  

I like the betweeneriod dialog about the refs controlling the game and telling the players were the line is.  It’s been going on forever.  

No let’s go out and win this one.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

The broadcast debate about calling or not calling penalties is insane. 

It’s either a penalty or it isn’t. "Oh Connor McDavid is so good that he'd be drawing a penalty every time he has the puck." 

All sports are "managed" by officials. And star players get special treatment.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

What was Risto so mad about?

I was going to sarcastically comment he probably leads the league in Active Players Most Games Without a Playoff Appearance.

I started to look that up and I can't tell if this is true (articles were a little old) but are Skinner (747) and Hall (657) 1&2 in that category?

Risto has 517 games.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektorado said:

I was going to sarcastically comment he probably leads the league in Active Players Most Games Without a Playoff Appearance.

I started to look that up and I can't tell if this is true (articles were a little old) but are Skinner (747) and Hall (657) 1&2 in that category?

Risto has 517 games.

So you're saying they're due?

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk how you tank in a season where you are already the worst team in the league... trade players to be even worse?

Load up on prospects and draft picks.  No guarantees that will bring in better players.   Five drafts (2013 - 2017) with 22 premium selections (1-3 rounds) and only 4 starters (Risto, Reinhart, Eichel and Mittelstadt) to show for it.  Some traded but others are in AHL or lesser leagues.  That is why they are hurting right now.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.