GDT: 3/18/2021: Boston at Buffalo 7pm MSG-B/ESPN+ WGR A NEW ERA

Doohickie

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

It's not a new era. It's the same old hat, different size.

There's still hope for a new era this year, but a couple of distinct things will have to happen to make it so.

I have a list of 8.  Many of them come under, "look like you are more cohesive than a drunk beer league team."

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

There never was a supply issue.  The rules set down by Cuomo made them not an initial priority and then their Union wanted them to avoid getting vaccinated to get concessions from the school districts.  

The garbage.  If they didn't have someone waiting in line for a dose, then they tossed them at the end of the day.  Over 600,000 were tossed in the first 4 weeks alone in NY.  

No comment.

3 hours ago, Stads said:

If I was coach Granato, I would have Rasmus Dahlin come into my office. I would show him a highlight reel of his time at Frolunda rushing up the ice and ask him, "Is this still you? If it is, you are free to do whatever the hell you want." We need to see if Dahlin is completely broken or not

Sorry, I think this is completely wrong. You don't fix a young D man by letting him run free. Having him run free too much and too early is what broke him. When he was asked to play D he simply had no way to do that. Doesn't help playing him with Montour, another run wild and free lousy defender. 

imo new coach has to have a chat with every single player but not sure an interim has that role. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Sorry, I think this is completely wrong. You don't fix a young D man by letting him run free. Having him run free too much and too early is what broke him. When he was asked to play D he simply had no way to do that. Doesn't help playing him with Montour, another run wild and free lousy defender. 

imo new coach has to have a chat with every single player but not sure an interim has that role. 

Yes!!!!! 👏👏👏

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Skinner-Lazar-Mitts stay together. They have actually worked well lately.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but I think Granato has to try something different. We have 2 over paid underachieving left wingers and if you're evaluating, you have to throw both of them into top minute rolls at this point and see what they do. 

14 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Skinner-Lazar-Mitts stay together. They have actually worked well lately.

I would say I have seen Skinner and Mittelstadt find each other more in the past week than I have seen either of them connect with anyone in the past year, and that includes Jeff’s brief stints with Jack.

Maybe the right move here is to try Sam on the other side?

2 minutes ago, Norcal said:

Lets GO Boys!!!!

I really hate these guys. Marchand and Chara are my least favorite players of all time. 

We’ve barely been good enough for any active player to have that kind of animosity for me. Give me Yashin, Kasparitis, Chris Simon, or Chris Neil any day. 

1 minute ago, Norcal said:

I realize Chara is gone but the scars remain 

No I couldn't root for them

Did you root for Barnaby, or how about Keleta? The big difference is they couldn't play hockey and were one dimensional. Those Bruins are darn good hockey players.

5 minutes ago, Radar said:

Did you root for Barnaby, or how about Keleta? The big difference is they couldn't play hockey and were one dimensional. Those Bruins are darn good hockey players.

Those two were goons. Marchand is a rat and Chara is just a dick. How many crosschecks to the back of the neck can one man get away with? 

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

Barnaby played for 14 year, 834 games and 300 points (113 goals).  The guy could play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.