Buffalo Sabres Training Camp (2020/21)

LGR4GM

14 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Z Train not good... 

That really, really stinks, especially in the wake of the new contract (the price of which many here questioned) and the value that RaKru clearly places on Zemgus. I saw a quote from RaKru yesterday to the effect that Zemgus brings a very specific set of elements to the game and therefore fills a specific role on this team (he used some RaKru speak to convey that; I just can't recall what it was ). 

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

Would expect Thompson to be given the 1st crack at it.  Can Reider play his off wing?  If so, guessing he'd get the next chance.  And if neither of those 2 lock it down, expect Mittelstadt or Cozens in that role in that order.

My post above leads me to doubt that either of those two players would be tapped to fill Zemgus's role. But stranger things have happened, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

That really, really stinks, especially in the wake of the new contract (the price of which many here questioned) and the value that RaKru clearly places on Zemgus. I saw a quote from RaKru yesterday to the effect that Zemgus brings a very specific set of elements to the game and therefore fills a specific role on this team (he used some RaKru speak to convey that; I just can't recall what it was ). 

My post above leads me to doubt that either of those two players would be tapped to fill Zemgus's role. But stranger things have happened, I suppose.

OK, who are you giving a crack at that role above those 2?  They have Sheahan & Lazar as alternates or are they going to Asplund (w/ no NHL experience to speak of), Ruutsalainen (see previous comment but skipping the "to speak of part" 😉 ), CJ Smith, or could go for somebody outside the organization.  Do any of those guys get a crack 1st?

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

OK, who are you giving a crack at that role above those 2?  They have Sheahan & Lazar as alternates or are they going to Asplund (w/ no NHL experience to speak of), Ruutsalainen (see previous comment but skipping the "to speak of part" 😉 ), CJ Smith, or could go for somebody outside the organization.  Do any of those guys get a crack 1st?

Fair deuce! I have no idea. Which is why I think this is a bad - very bad - thing.

Oh, and I meant to post this last night and can't recall whether I did.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Fair deuce! I have no idea. Which is why I think this is a bad - very bad - thing.

Oh, and I meant to post this last night and can't recall whether I did.

Chaotic energy = long hair?

Eh.  Okay.  If it helps them seize control of the team and run with it, I'll allow it.

OK, so y'all ready for this opening night?

Skinner Staal Reinhart

Hall Ruotsalainen Rieder

Cozens Eakin Okposo

Lazar Sheahan MItts

McCabe Risto

Dahlin Borgen

Jones Miller

Hutton

JJ

JFC 🤢

3 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Tage back 

Thank god

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

OK, so y'all ready for this opening night?

Skinner Staal Reinhart

Hall Ruotsalainen Rieder

Cozens Eakin Okposo

Lazar Sheahan MItts

McCabe Risto

Dahlin Borgen

Jones Miller

Hutton

JJ

JFC 🤢

What about Jack, Olofsson, and Tage?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.