Buffalo Sabres Training Camp (2020/21)

LGR4GM

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

This should help the Sabres as well 

Would expect you are correct about it helping the Sabres.  But, don't really know just how much as presumably the 4-6 guys that would be most ready to step in & help should somebody get injured will already be in Buffalo on the taxi squad.

Though, wouldn't it be a feel good story should Dea get a callup and actually contribute?  (Improbable as that might be.)

12 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Would expect you are correct about it helping the Sabres.  But, don't really know just how much as presumably the 4-6 guys that would be most ready to step in & help should somebody get injured will already be in Buffalo on the taxi squad.

Though, wouldn't it be a feel good story should Dea get a callup and actually contribute?  (Improbable as that might be.)

The two players I was thinking the most about are Borgen and Bryson. They need to be playing regular games in the AHL for experience, but they probably are better options for longer stretches then Irwin or Davidson. Plus there is a chance that the Sabres will need to replace Montour, McCabe and possibly Miller( Seattle) next off season and it would be good to know if they are capable of NHL Minutes 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The two players I was thinking the most about are Borgen and Bryson. They need to be playing regular games in the AHL for experience, but they probably are better options for longer stretches then Irwin or Davidson. Plus there is a chance that the Sabres will need to replace Montour, McCabe and possibly Miller( Seattle) next off season and it would be good to know if they are capable of NHL Minutes 

That makes sense.

Will really be interesting to see what Krueger does w/ the taxi squad.  If he doesn't add D beyond the normal 6+2 then Bryson & Borgen definitely make sense to send down after the 1st week of February; but if he uses any of those slots on D (and could see up to 2 of them being used there, not saying they will, but maybe) those 2 would seem to be the guys earning the pseudo promotion.

• Like (+1) 1

Why hasn’t anyone been talking about positive COVID tests or exposures in the cases of Ullmark and Eichel?

Isnt that the most likely scenario given what we know in terms of the situation, the circumstances and the timing?

Isnt it unlikely that 35 Sabres arrived to camp COVID-free? Has no one even asked the question?

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

Why hasn’t anyone been talking about positive COVID tests or exposures in the cases of Ullmark and Eichel?

Isnt that the most likely scenario given what we know in terms of the situation, the circumstances and the timing?

Isnt it unlikely that 35 Sabres arrived to camp COVID-free? Has no one even asked the question?

Why is it unlikely that 35 Sabres arrived to camp COVID-free?  All those NHL players arrived to the bubble COVID-free last summer.  

Just now, Eleven said:

Why is it unlikely that 35 Sabres arrived to camp COVID-free?  All those NHL players arrived to the bubble COVID-free last summer.  

No, they had extensive lead time to test and quarantine before they arrived in the bubble.

The Sabres did not have nearly the same amount of time and it seems likely to me that players tested positive and had to wait to join their teammates.

Look at what happened to virtually every WJC team with more lead time.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m not sure I’m thinking Covid but why did Ullmark show up later then everyone else and still have to be in isolation?  I’m sure the players all knew the date well in advance.  

Why hasn’t Jack been around the arena for off-ice stuff? What are Ullmark’s quarantine/immigration issues?

These guys have travelled in from around the world. Don’t you think exposures were likely?

Edited by dudacek

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

No, they had extensive lead time to test and quarantine before they arrived in the bubble.

The Sabres did not have nearly the same amount of time and it seems likely to me that players tested positive and had to wait to join their teammates.

Look at what happened to virtually every WJC team with more lead time.

I don't know about Ullmark, but I thought Jack was on the ice for the first practice.  They wouldn't mess around with that if he had tested positive for COVID.

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't know about Ullmark, but I thought Jack was on the ice for the first practice.  They wouldn't mess around with that if he had tested positive for COVID.

I had not heard that about Jack. I had heard that he had not been around.

57 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Why hasn’t Jack been around the arena for off-ice stuff? What are Ullmark’s quarantine/immigration issues?

These guys have travelled in from around the world. Don’t you think exposures were likely?

Edited by Shootica
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Z being out sucks tbh. Who replace him?

Would expect Thompson to be given the 1st crack at it.  Can Reider play his off wing?  If so, guessing he'd get the next chance.  And if neither of those 2 lock it down, expect Mittelstadt or Cozens in that role in that order.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.