2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

The next true generational player is currently destroying the WHL. Connor Bedard for the 2023 draft currently playing as a 15yr old in the WHL has 8g, 11a in 10 games. 

We are going to get right with Wright next season. Bedard will be gone 20 picks prior. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

The next true generational player is currently destroying the WHL. Connor Bedard for the 2023 draft currently playing as a 15yr old in the WHL has 8g, 11a in 10 games. 

This is where you go off the rails. Scout the player and tell people like me how he's performing at that level. To anoint him a future generational player is insane. Your track record is poor. People rely on you. You should be more responsible.

30 minutes ago, #freejame said:

We are going to get right with Wright next season. Bedard will be gone 20 picks prior. 

If this is where we are at, maybe trading Eichel for a center like Dach or Byflield, plus 2 first rounders is the right move?  Build around Dahlin, UPL, Cozens, Berniers other young players.  Im not there yet, but I see it being an  intriguing option if Eichel does eventually demand a trade.

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This is where you go off the rails. Scout the player and tell people like me how he's performing at that level. To anoint him a future generational player is insane. Your track record is poor. People rely on you. You should be more responsible.

@LGR4GM 

Seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is that you do here.

If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to stop mailing out your checks.

32 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Connor Bedard is performing at a level for his age that is in line with Connor McDavid. Actually mathematically speaking Bedard is outproducing McDavid at the same age. Connor Bedard is currently in line to be generational like McDavid or Crosby.  

McDavid: 1.05, 0.4gpg

Bedard: 1.9ppg, 0.8gpg

My track record is poor? Idk, I feel like in the last 2 years I really am starting to get this thing figured out. You should see my cohort spreadsheet that groups players by league and production split between defenders and forwards. 

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This is hilarious.  To pretend that anyone here has a responsibility to do anything beyond give their opinion on any topic is beyond comprehension, to put it politely.

Connor Bedard is performing generationally.  Maybe he will end up sucking in the NHL, but he is absolutely killing it right now.  He is producing at a rate nearly double that of Connor McDavid in their D-2 seasons.

In an effort to actually provide some insight this year, I hope to have a list of about 50. I can't guarantee I will get it done but that is my goal. Most guys will have some write up as well but as we get further back into that list it will be harder. In an effort to be better as PA implores, I have signed up for more guides, websites, and analysis than previously. As always, take what I say with a grain of salt and anything that peaks your interest look into further. Disagree with me and say why. Prospects are fun and they represent hope, something this team is sorely lacking. 

• Like (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Curt said:

This is hilarious.  To pretend that anyone here has a responsibility to do anything beyond give their opinion on any topic is beyond comprehension, to put it politely.

Connor Bedard is performing generationally.  Maybe he will end up sucking in the NHL, but he is absolutely killing it right now.  He is producing at a rate nearly double that of Connor McDavid in their D-2 seasons.

LGR is not just another poster when it comes to prospects. He's like our prospects editor. So there's a higher standard. And, unless I misread his analysis, he wasn't saying Bedard is a generational WHL player. The jab was about Dahlin, duh.

34 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Connor Bedard is performing at a level for his age that is in line with Connor McDavid. Actually mathematically speaking Bedard is outproducing McDavid at the same age. Connor Bedard is currently in line to be generational like McDavid or Crosby.  

McDavid: 1.05, 0.4gpg

Bedard: 1.9ppg, 0.8gpg

My track record is poor? Idk, I feel like in the last 2 years I really am starting to get this thing figured out. You should see my cohort spreadsheet that groups players by league and production split between defenders and forwards. 

Again, it was a Dahlin jab.

I desire to see your cohort spreadsheet.

13 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Wait is that you Liger? Are you showing PA your spreadsheet? Or was that a general prospect tweet unrelated to the spreadsheet you're talking about?

That is a tweet from someone else. 

The raw data comes from a website called pick 224. I download each cohort but anyone else can as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, #freejame said:

I'm hoping we are in a playoff push instead 

6 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

If this is where we are at, maybe trading Eichel for a center like Dach or Byflield, plus 2 first rounders is the right move?  Build around Dahlin, UPL, Cozens, Berniers other young players.  Im not there yet, but I see it being an  intriguing option if Eichel does eventually demand a trade.

Pretty much. If the schedule is to be bad again next year, it's gonna be a full scale rebuild 

11 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

My jaw dropped.

10 hours ago, #freejame said:

False. We will be taking Bedard with one of the three firsts we get for Taylor Hall.

16 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Wait is that you Liger? Are you showing PA your spreadsheet? Or was that a general prospect tweet unrelated to the spreadsheet you're talking about?

SEAL adjusted scoring gets added after the EP Rinkside draft guide gets published. 

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Thought it might have been because we quoted the article, didn't know if they were gonna crack down on that

We only quoted a small part of the article really

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Thought it might have been because we quoted the article, didn't know if they were gonna crack down on that

2 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

seeing how we have some good young prospects on defense and that is where most of the top picks this coming draft seem to be, do we entertain trading our 1st for a 2nd line center and maybe someone else's 1st? 

Not if I can draft Beniers, no. 

16 minutes ago, Sabre fan said:

seeing how we have some good young prospects on defense and that is where most of the top picks this coming draft seem to be, do we entertain trading our 1st for a 2nd line center and maybe someone else's 1st? 

Certainly entertain the idea, yes. I’m always open to the idea and believe in it, but particularity in a weak draft. If someone ends up willing to pay the price attributed to a usual first because they fall in love with someone, I’d highly consider it 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Certainly entertain the idea, yes. I’m always open to the idea and believe in it, but particularity in a weak draft. If someone ends up willing to pay the price attributed to a usual first because they fall in love with someone, I’d highly consider it 

of course sad part is we had the absolutely perfect 2nd center and basically gave him away for nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

Canada's U18 Roster

#30Tyler Brennan (G)172003Winnipeg, MB, CAN6'3"192LWHL

#29Benjamin Gaudreau (G)182003North Bay, ON, CAN6'2"165LOHL

#1Thomas Milic (G)172003New Westminster, BC, CAN6'0"154LWHL

DEFENSEMEN

#2Nolan Allan (D)172003Davidson, SK, CAN6'2"190LWHL

#4Corson Ceulemans (D)172003Regina, SK, CAN6'2"196RAJHL

#5Brandt Clarke (D)182003Ottawa, ON, CAN6'1"181ROHL

#14Ethan Del Mastro (D)182003Freelton, ON, CAN6'4"205LOHL

#28Carson Lambos (D)182003Winnipeg, MB, CAN6'1"201LWHL

#27Jack Matier (D)172003Sault Ste. Marie, ON, CAN6'2"194ROHL

#25Guillaume Richard (D)182003Québec, QC, CAN6'2"170LUSHL

#3Olen Zellweger (D)172003Fort Saskatchewan, AB, CAN5'9"165LWHL

FORWARDS

#17Connor Bedard (C)152005North Vancouver, BC, CAN5'10"179RWHL

#22Dylan Guenther (LW/RW)172003Edmonton, AB, CAN6'1"181RWHL

#8Brett Harrison (C)172003London, ON, CAN6'1"172LU20 SM-sarja

#19Wyatt Johnston (C)172003Leaside, ON, CAN5'11"161ROHL

#23Mason McTavish (C)182003Zürich, SUI6'1"196LSL

#7Brennan Othmann (LW)182003Scarborough, ON, CAN5'11"165LSL

#9Francesco Pinelli (C)172003Hamilton, ON, CAN6'0"176LOHL

#12Conner Roulette (F)172003Winnipeg, MB, CAN5'11"161LWHL

#16Cole Sillinger (C)172003Columbus, OH, USA6'0"187LUSHL

#11Logan Stankoven (F)182003Kamloops, BC, CAN5'8"174RWHL

#6Chase Stillman (RW)182003St. Louis, MO, USA5'11"170RDenmark U20

#21Ryan Winterton (F)172003Markham, ON, CAN6'1"174ROHL

#15Shane Wright (C)172004Burlington, ON, CAN6'0"183R

#10Danny Zhilkin (C)172003Moskva, RUS6'1"185LOHL

Edited by Crusader1969

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.