2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Is he? What makes you say that?

You just need to watch his last 2 years destroying  His competition at a young level vs men I hate scouts just forgetting about a player that has a rough year overlooked Pastrnak and Barzal (beacuse of not good years ) 

Hell what happen with kotapar? When they get sick of a player that's so good they  Find flaws that aren't even there.. who remembers the Couturier draft ? Was a lock for first overall then  started finding bs flaws.

Edited by Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I guess it's just a really poor draft for us to land on then if we don't end up with Beniers.

All the more reason I'll stand firm on my "trade it" view 

You make it sound like this team is flush with wingers.  Yes , hopefully they can get Berniers but if not the wingers will be a nice consolation prize 

6 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

You just need to watch his last 2 years destroying  His competition at a young level vs men I hate scouts just forgetting about a player that has a rough year overlooked Pastrnak and Barzal (beacuse of not good years ) 

Hell what happen with kotapar? When they get sick of a player that's so good they  Find flaws that aren't even there.. who remembers the Couturier draft ? Was a lock for first overall then  started finding bs flaws.

He didn't though. Last year he had I think 4 points in 12 games in Liiga. This year it is 8 points in 30 or something like that. 

21 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You make it sound like this team is flush with wingers.  Yes , hopefully they can get Berniers but if not the wingers will be a nice consolation prize 

Ya, that’s true, I did. My mistake. 

I meant it relatively. It not a class that’s going to come in high on a ranking of the past say 10 draft classes. 

I’m sure the player we get will be a good prospect, but often the projection at this point is much higher than that. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get a centre but I acknowledge, depending on who’s list, there may not be a centre in range

Edited by Thorny

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya, that’s true, I did. My mistake. 

I meant it relatively. It not a class that’s going to come in high on a ranking of the past say 10 draft classes. 

I’m sure the player we get will be a good prospect, but often the projection at this point is much higher than that. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get a centre but I acknowledge, depending on who’s list, there may not be a centre in range

Basically depends on if Beniers gets drafted before we pick. At most that means drafted top 2 as the worse we can end up at is 3. 

I think if we were to draft 3rd, we can guarantee that 1 defender goes before our pick. There's too much defense talent for that not to happen. The final question is then are there 2 defenders above Beniers in most eyes or is there 1 defender and 1 forward (Eklund or Guenther for example). 

McKenzie's most recent ranking from the 2020 draft has a 3 spot gap between Rossi and Quinn, and we took Quinn.

His most recent ranking for this coming draft has a 4 spot gap between Beniers and Raty, to say "he's not", when viewing through the prism of the comparably little information we have relative to the team (including what their thought process even is) seems extreme. 

But whatever. It's your thread. I was just mentioning it would be sweet if they had a high evaluation of another centre. All else being equal, a centre is a better pick than a winger. 

It sounds though like the possibility of a centre being in range aside from Beniers is just impossible though, so I'll just hope for him or a pick trade. Cool beans. 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You should run the draft, you have a level of certainty that's unmatched 

I should run the draft. David Farrance, Seth Jarvis, Nick Robertson, and Brock Boeser would all be Buffalo Sabres. Jonatan Berggren as well. 

In all seriousness, you suggested Raty might be a reasonable choice at #3, that is less reasonable than Quinn last year. There's just going to be better talent. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

McKenzie's most recent ranking from the 2020 draft has a 3 spot gap between Rossi and Quinn, and we took Quinn.

His most recent ranking for this coming draft has a 4 spot gap between Beniers and Raty, to say "he's not", when viewing through the prism of the comparably little information we have relative to the team (including what their thought process even is) seems extreme. 

But whatever. It's your thread. I was just mentioning it would be sweet if they had a high evaluation of another centre. All else being equal, a centre is a better pick than a winger. 

It sounds though like the possibility of a centre being in range aside from Beniers is just impossible though, so I'll just hope for him or a pick trade. Cool beans. 

Well there's your first mistake, McKenzie. You gotta look at multiple lists. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Raty emerging as even a reasonable option at C next to Beniers, would be a very positive development for Buffalo

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I should run the draft. David Farrance, Seth Jarvis, Nick Robertson, and Brock Boeser would all be Buffalo Sabres. Jonatan Berggren as well. 

In all seriousness, you suggested Raty might be a reasonable choice at #3, that is less reasonable than Quinn last year. There's just going to be better talent. 

nope 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

And I said he isn't a reasonable choice. 

I didn't suggest anything. You are the only one dealing in certainty, here. 

Anyways, should be a fun draft. Hopefully they can land Beniers. 

We'll see on draft day! 

Edited by Thorny

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Not my thread. I didn't start it and don't see how anyone could own a thread. We simply disagree that Raty is in the range where we will be drafting if Beniers is gone. (2-3).

Just now, Thorny said:

I didn't suggest anything. You are the only one dealing in certainty, here. 

I am giving you my opinion with certainty. Here I will help you. I, Liger, do not view Raty as a reasonable option at pick #3 if Matt Beniers has already been selected. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.