2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

50 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Do the Sabres have any scouts to go watch the U-18s this year? 

We can only hope. Although they then might decide that random player in the teens is really good because of the only 4 games they watched of him. 

Eklund: 0.4857 Pr GP - 0.5429 Tp GP - 1.8822 Pr/e60

Holtz: 0.3714 Pr GP - 0.4571 Tp GP - 1.7298 Pr/e60

Raymond: 0.2424 Pr GP - 0.303 Tp GP - 1.4842 Pr/e60

Pr GP = Primary Points Per Game Played

Tp GP = Total Points Per Game Played

Pr/e60 = Primary Points Per 60 Minutes of TOI

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Holy hell. It has only been 9 games but Dylan Guenther's PrGP is .5 higher than the next closest draft eligible WHL player. 1.667 

Next closest is 1.1112

I’m curious to see how much he sustains and whether scouts think he has taken a real step up in skill/talent.  He had 8 point is his first 2 games. He hasn’t been as impressive after that, so I’m inclined to think it’s a little fluky.  Though he is still very good.  Just more of a nice 5-10 range type of good, not a maybe he should go 1-5 range type of good.

6 minutes ago, Curt said:

I’m curious to see how much he sustains and whether scouts think he has taken a real step up in skill/talent.  He had 8 point is his first 2 games. He hasn’t been as impressive after that, so I’m inclined to think it’s a little fluky.  Though he is still very good.  Just more of a nice 5-10 range type of good, not a maybe he should go 1-5 range type of good.

Oh, definitely need 20-30 games before numbers start to stabilize and in normal years, I want 40 games from CHL guys. 

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh, definitely need 20-30 games before numbers start to stabilize and in normal years, I want 40 games from CHL guys. 

The rumours I am hearing about the OHL is 24 games in 48 days. That would give teams a view at the only development league not playing, but a pretty small window.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, French Collection said:

The rumours I am hearing about the OHL is 24 games in 48 days. That would give teams a view at the only development league not playing, but a pretty small window.

Well we don't have an ohl scout so we're not viewing it lol

53 minutes ago, steveoath said:

That's quite cool. But my knowledge pales after round one. Only did 2 rounds. I took Beniers and Svetchov. Although Red Savage is sounding interesting from the brief reports I've read. Tenacious D first centre. Low ceiling most probably.

That's ok, they fudged up round 3 and don't give us any of the Montreal picks. 

I took Beniers and Coronato although Svetchov was my 1b to Coronato. 

Brandt Clarke was compared to Johan Klingberg by our very own Jack Quinn. 

Question: Who do you model your game after? 

Answer: I think I play a lot like John Klingberg. Jack Quinn gave me that comparison and then I began to watch him more and I definitely see it. When people originally watch Dallas and they don't see Heiskanen on the first power-play they get confused (as was I) but the more I watched I'd say Klingberg is one of the best in the league in that spot. Whether it be 5 on 5 or powerplay he so commonly gets shots through to the net so effortlessly. Whether that be a big slapper if he has time or whether it be walking the blueline and pump fake as many times as it takes to create an open lane he does it and he does it very well. And something I pride myself on is not getting shots blocked and doing whatever it takes to just get the puck through so we can create danger at the net.

https://eprinkside.com/2021/03/30/film-room-why-brandt-clarke-is-the-top-prospect-in-the-2021-class

On 4/1/2021 at 10:26 AM, Thorny said:

Certainly entertain the idea, yes. I’m always open to the idea and believe in it, but particularity in a weak draft. If someone ends up willing to pay the price attributed to a usual first because they fall in love with someone, I’d highly consider it 

I do not believe in “weak” drafts. I believe you just have drafts where there is no sparkly top prospects but these drafts always produce legitimate players once you get beyond that. Obviously if you have the first overall pick and someone calls you valuing it like a number one pick in a draft with a superstar then you could take advantage but overall I’m not a big believer in the weak draft stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/31/2021 at 9:06 AM, LGR4GM said:

I should run the draft. David Farrance, Seth Jarvis, Nick Robertson, and Brock Boeser would all be Buffalo Sabres. Jonatan Berggren as well. 

In all seriousness, you suggested Raty might be a reasonable choice at #3, that is less reasonable than Quinn last year. There's just going to be better talent. 

Well there's your first mistake, McKenzie. You gotta look at multiple lists. 

Berggren?

Matt Beniers would be in the top of Draft +1 year players in the NCAA for production. Just behind Zegras, Newhook, Holloway, and Caufield. 

So that means he was producing in the NCAA as a freshmen they same as freshmen who were a year older than him. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.