Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Trade: Wayne Simmonds to Sabres for a Conditional 2021 5th

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

This move leads me to wonder if Botterill is planning to trade someone and Simmonds is their replacement?

Vogl thinks Sheary

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

This move leads me to wonder if Botterill is planning to trade someone and Simmonds is their replacement?

Most people have been complaining that the Sabres have tooany AHLers in their lineup so maybe that's where the "extra" forward goes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

This is a good safe play. Good player, tough and has scored in the past. I hope we don't give away prospects unless we get a starting goalie (to share time with Leenus)  in the deal 

 

42 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

I like this move as long as there's more trades coming.

He's another Plan B kind of player, like Mojo, Vesey, Sheary, Frolik.  I'm still waiting to see Plan A. 

I think this means we're turning Larsson or Girgs over for a better pick.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

HORRENDOUS

JBot should be fired immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheCerebral1 said:

I'm assuming a guy like Turris who has decent return, can be had for a slightly cheaper cost even possibly with some slight retention.  I am that desperate for someone who can create.  Haula would have been the ideal guy. 

Turris is garbage

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't like Jason. 

But it's not his fault if a reasonable long-term center solution doesn't happen today. Teams don't like doing that right now. They are far more willing to do things like that in the summer. If he goes into next year without a solid center core, then I'll join your fury. 

You could have written this during last season's deadline day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Turris is garbage

 So is watching Skinner on the third line making 9M, a former Canadian wonderkin on his list shot making draws on the second or third line.  The fact that Larsson has been our second best center since we traded O'Reilly.  Do I need to go on with what we've seen at the center ice position in the last year plus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheCerebral1 said:

 So is watching Skinner on the third line making 9M, a former Canadian wonderkin on his list shot making draws on the second or third line.  The fact that Larsson has been our second best center since we traded O'Reilly.  Do I need to go on with what we've seen at the center ice position in the last year plus?

So trade significant assets for a UFA or Turris, or some other garbage center? 

There is nobody more frustrated with Jason than me, and I've been at it far longer than most. But your timing isn't correct 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Basically this guy is another Kyle Okposo that can hit...

...without worry of ending up in an alternate universe like Kyle does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jad1 said:

You could have written this during last season's deadline day.

I probably did lmao. It was true then too. And even then, he did more than I could have hoped for by bringing in an RFA with more than a few weeks left on his contract. 

Get angry at the appropriate time, when teams are actually willing to make the kind of deals we need, not when it'd take a ludicrous amount of assets to get your pick from a much smaller pool of available players, potentially for much less time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randall Flagg said:

So trade significant assets for a UFA or Turris, or some other garbage center? 

There is nobody more frustrated with Jason than me, and I've been at it far longer than most. But your timing isn't correct 

So perhaps Turris isn't the right player.  It was an example of a player with term that has his warts but would be an upgrade.  We can all disagree on the merits of my argument with him per say.  However, waiting until unrestricted free agency guarantees nothing when we're a laughing stock around the league.  When a former retired goon of a player on his first televised trade deadline day, makes a crack about Buffalo involving Simmonds.   It shows some sort of merit of the frustration I'm coming from.  I am in no way trying to disrespect other posters.  But, we're putting square pegs in round holes.   Botterill needs to go!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheCerebral1 said:

So perhaps Turris isn't the right player.  It was an example of a player with term that has his warts but would be an upgrade.  We can all disagree on the merits of my argument with him per say.  However, waiting until unrestricted free agency guarantees nothing when we're a laughing stock around the league.  When a former retired goon of a player on his first televised trade deadline day, makes a crack about Buffalo involving Simmonds.   It shows some sort of merit of the frustration I'm coming from.  I am in no way trying to disrespect other posters.  But, we're putting square pegs in round holes.   Botterill needs to go!

I don't want Jason around anymore either. 

It's not UFA that you want to wait for, it's after the SCFs, around the draft. Make a big boy trade then. If we don't think Jason can, we need to find a GM who can.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheCerebral1 said:

So perhaps Turris isn't the right player.  It was an example of a player with term that has his warts but would be an upgrade.  We can all disagree on the merits of my argument with him per say.  However, waiting until unrestricted free agency guarantees nothing when we're a laughing stock around the league.  When a former retired goon of a player on his first televised trade deadline day, makes a crack about Buffalo involving Simmonds.   It shows some sort of merit of the frustration I'm coming from.  I am in no way trying to disrespect other posters.  But, we're putting square pegs in round holes.   Botterill needs to go!

Who's the goon player?  At work, can't watch.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BuffalOhio said:

Who's the goon player?  At work, can't watch.  

 

Kevin Bieksa, and I'm paraphrasing said, "You show respect to Simmonds. And trade him to NOT BUFFALO."   

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I probably did lmao. It was true then too. And even then, he did more than I could have hoped for by bringing in an RFA with more than a few weeks left on his contract. 

Get angry at the appropriate time, when teams are actually willing to make the kind of deals we need, not when it'd take a ludicrous amount of assets to get your pick from a much smaller pool of available players, potentially for much less time

Yeah, I guess what I'm conveying is that Botterill doesn't have the ability to make the type of deal the Sabres need for a 2c.

It's going to be Cozens or bust as long as he's the GM. That's a massive amount of pressure on a 19 year old player.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jad1 said:

Yeah, I guess what I'm conveying is that Botterill doesn't have the ability to make the type of deal the Sabres need for a 2c.

It's going to be Cozens or bust as long as he's the GM. That's a massive amount of pressure on a 19 year old player.

 We'll be drafting another center in this draft in the first round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheCerebral1 said:

 We'll be drafting another center in this draft in the first round. 

And he'll make it to the NHL during Eichel's 7th or 8th season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Simmonds has taken 21 penalties this year, which is 4 more than the highest number for any Sabre. That's not great 

With Frolik on the PK, not a concern, amirite?

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

We should trade for Eric Staal. 

I'd do it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

We should trade for Eric Staal. 

That was discussed on the Instigators. It would make sense if he's available. What would it take.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Simmonds has taken 21 penalties this year, which is 4 more than the highest number for any Sabre. That's not great 

Despite his on-ice flaws, Simmonds is the type of guy who has a lot of respect from other players.

Is this basically Botterill trying to address fears that being sellers will kill morale in the room down the stretch?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Doohickie said:

With Frolik on the PK, not a concern, amirite?

At this rate, with Frolik's PK, Simmonds will give us 2 more goals against just by hooking/slashing/holding people alone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...