GDT: 11/9/2019 1pm ET Buffalo Sabres at Tampa in ModoLand

Mustache of God

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Exactly my point.  I’m slowly leaning towards “JBot is failing”.  The results speak for themselves.  

We're an improved team but lacking scoring (second line ) not half this team is incompetent. We're playing maybe the best lineup in hockey last two games. Yes, they aren't equal with the better teams in the league but they are improved.

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't doubt it, which is why I'm not the one trying to drag that penalty into a discussion about a post-whistle skirmish the period before as if it has relevance to it

OK. It's just a sore point for me. I don't come here for "rah rah, they're cheating for (insert name of opponent)" nonsense.

Meanwhile, with a few brief interludes, I feel like I've been watching this game on a loop since 1994.

1 minute ago, Radar said:

We're an improved team but lacking scoring (second line ) not half this team is incompetent. We're playing maybe the best lineup in hockey last two games. Yes, they aren't equal with the better teams in the league but they are improved.

I've got to agree with you, a few pieces short still, but better and the younger guys still can improve more.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Who cares about intent? He skated into a player looking the other way who wasn't near the puck.

Intent matters because you 're saying he that he did it" intentionally" and they didn't just collide, which is what happened. Your crusade about the refs is tiresome and adsurd. When refs make marginal/bad calls, people will notice. Got it

3 minutes ago, Torpedo Forecheck said:

Intent matters because you 're saying he that he did it" intentionally" and they didn't just collide, which is what happened. Your crusade about the refs is tiresome and adsurd. When refs make marginal/bad calls, people will notice. Got it

Why did Johansson skate directly toward the Tampa player? It wasn't an incidental collision. I'm not on any crusade.

Edited by PASabreFan

8 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Deserved or not, it's the story of Buffalo-Tampa since the tank - surprisingly effective ES hockey for our guys against theirs, that doesn't matter because special teams gets won in a big way by Tampa, usually by Buffalo penalties that draw a lot more skepticism than is typical from fans.

Here's the thing with Tampa: Their entire gameplan relies on throwing picks in both zones, and it's never called. I was in the 300's when we played them last season and everyone around me was laughing about how ridiculously obvious it was. They would have a guy try and get the puck out of their zone and one of their guys would throw a blatant pick on our forechecker.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.