GDT: 11/9/2019 1pm ET Buffalo Sabres at Tampa in ModoLand

Mustache of God

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm pretty sure you just described every hockey game ever. And your analysis surely ignores the dozens of other penalties that could have been called but were let go. Much ado about nothing. We're all mad that the Sabres franchise still can't score goals.

P.S. If I had to guess, Montour's penalty is called 60% of the time, Risto's 40% of the time and Johansson's is a near slam dunk.

So we can’t talk about McCabe failing to pick up his man on a goal because plays like that happen every game, ever?

And I didn’t ignore the dozens, I specifically referenced them.

As far as them goes, we’re still in this and still skating.

Edited by dudacek

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What gnaws at me is if this is the Jack we get on a world stage with the season starting to circle like it did last year, what do we get in the playoffs (playoffs?!)? It's Year Five. Maybe this is who Jack is. #jackjuju

Jack Eichel is a very good hockey player.  He is who he is.   I’ve made peace with this.  He takes over moments, not games, teams or seasons.  When he’s not having those moments, he’s either struggling or dissappearing.

With zero NHL games coached on my resumé, here’s what I’d say to him.  “This is what you are.  It’s good.  Be it every shift.  You have no more.  I’ll accept no less.”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.