GDT: 10/25/19 Sabres at Red Wings, 7:30pm ET, MSG, WGR

darksabre

The only thing I would say about what I saw is that the PP needs more work.  The counter to the Sabres' PP is clearly to pressure the players, and that has been working lately.  The Sabres need to work on moving the puck quicker (someone here was on that train all last season).

2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I never thought he was going to be traded.  They need more like him, not less.

He's been on and off the Sabrespace trade block since this summer.

Just now, ... said:

The only thing I would say about what I saw is that the PP needs more work.  The counter to the Sabres' PP is clearly to pressure the players, and that has been working lately.  The Sabres need to work on moving the puck quicker (someone here was on that train all last season).

I think that's something that doesn't come all at once.  They looked okay on the power play tonight once they started moving the puck around.

2 minutes ago, ... said:

Also, the book on Ullmark is to shoot high on him.

Linus should get a mask designed with huge Mickey Mouse ears to take up more net.  Not sure the rules committee reigned in the size of a goalie's mask.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ... said:

"The vibes are so good"

~ John Gilmour, Sabres Defense

The chemistry in the room is amazing under Krueger.  Maybe the problem wasn't ROR, maybe it was Housley.

Oh, one more comment from the Detroit coverage:  Mickey Redmond said he really loved Sobotka when he came up with the Blues.  Highlighted his penalty killing ability.

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

The chemistry in the room is amazing under Krueger.  Maybe the problem wasn't ROR, maybe it was Housley.

Oh, one more comment from the Detroit coverage:  Mickey Redmond said he really loved Sobotka when he came up with the Blues.  Highlighted his penalty killing ability.

Maybe Housley? Maybe?

Who in their right mind thought the reason the team as a whole sucked was because of ROR.

The major reason by far, the team was terrible was because of the coaching staff. Full stop.

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.