Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

OT Star Wars Rise of Skywalker

This is a well put together trailer for the entire Skywalker Saga.  Dude nailed it.  Makes me want to pop Episode 1 in and have a Star Wars marathon.  Episode 9 right around the corner. 

Has anyone watched the mandalorian on Disney streaming? Is it good? Do they released 1 episode per week or all at once?

Yes, I thought it was pretty good.  And they only release 1 episode per week.  For context purposes, I thought TLJ was horrifically bad, but really enjoyed Rogue One. 

• Like (+1) 1

I signed up for the free trial of the disney+  

I was surprised at how much stuff is actually available. 

I really like that I can stream any star wars movie, like ep4 to 6. I have the bluray but who wants to get up to find it. Tonight I'm going to check out the shows, but I think I might continue with the service for a while 

I hope they take the opportunity to make the real versions of the first 3 movies available.  I'm not one of those "Han shot first" nerds (it was a stupid change though), but the CGI of the added scenes does not mix in well and the music change at the end of Jedi is criminal.

I'll be waiting on Disney plus until a few more episodes of certain shows are available.  I'm not crazy about the weekly releasing.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:18 AM, DHawerchuk10 said:

Yes, I thought it was pretty good.  And they only release 1 episode per week.  For context purposes, I thought TLJ was horrifically bad, but really enjoyed Rogue One. 

i liked the mandalorian as well. i had not realized that dave filoni wrote it. he was the person that worked on the clone wars cartoons, so i suspect this will be closer to the lucas era star wars more than disney era

First episode of The Mandalorian was very good. I'm going to struggle waiting for the new episode every week. The twist at the end sets up some wacky possibilities for the story they're going to tell.

It's really great to see the legendary Mandalorians get their due. It almost feels like it might have some Tolkian-esque high fantasy to it. Also, it's a Runescape quest.

• Like (+1) 1

i just finished watching the second episode. it was better than the first. it was over and i was wanting more. 

its the first time in a long time that anything star wars has kept this much interested. its the best thing to come out of star wars since the original 3.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, miles said:

i just finished watching the second episode. it was better than the first. it was over and i was wanting more. 

its the first time in a long time that anything star wars has kept this much interested. its the best thing to come out of star wars since the original 3.

The episode went by so fast.  After two episodes, my hopes are really starting to build that Disney really nailed this one.  

3 hours ago, miles said:

I'm gonna have to watch this tonight. Exciting!

UGH! They're really doing this aren't they? 

How am I supposed to wait for the next episode. This is big stuff! 

Five episodes in, the series has been pretty good.  The third episode was probably my favorite.  There are moments that I really like and moments where I roll my eyes.  He should have credited Maverick for his patented "I'll hit the breaks, he'll fly right by" maneuver at the start of the last one.