Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Are the Sabres switching to Royal Blue for their Jerseys?

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Briere48 said:

I really like the concept jersey for the Sabres that's been posted. Gives me hope. Speaking of all-white, Michigan wore all-white vs. ND this past season in the outdoor game and i thought they looked very good. I think it'll be okay. (as long as we get royal blue when the current deal expires!)

0a29e98bba8519b753367d9c60a221c6.jpg

My son's HS hockey team is considering a model based on those Michigan uniforms.

I happen to like the white look.  It would need SOME blue in it however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Briere48 said:

I really like the concept jersey for the Sabres that's been posted. Gives me hope. Speaking of all-white, Michigan wore all-white vs. ND this past season in the outdoor game and i thought they looked very good. I think it'll be okay. (as long as we get royal blue when the current deal expires!)

0a29e98bba8519b753367d9c60a221c6.jpg

 

7 hours ago, carpandean said:

maple-leafs-white-jerseys.jpg

 

These are fugly.

  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sabres, 1970: Let's make our jerseys like the Leafs jerseys!

Sabres, 2019: Let's make our jerseys like the Leafs jerseys!

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Sabres, 1970: Let's make our jerseys like similar to but better than the Leafs jerseys!

Sabres, 2019: Let's hopefully make our jerseys likesimilar to but better than the Leafs jerseys without ####ing them up like with the slugs & the turdburger!

FTFY.

Edited by Taro T
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 10:24 AM, SABRES 0311 said:

Could be worse.

 

002F900C-60D1-49CF-BBB2-7A23586DE6E9.png

I immensely disliked this change on so many levels. A complete departure from the original color scheme and logo was ridiculous and epitomized the crooked Rigas era, IMO. A complete betrayal and money grab. As much as the 'goat head' bothered me, I  would take it any day of the week and twice on Sunday over the complete abomination that was the 'slug'. Gimme back those original blue unis, please. The nameplates and shoulder logos, which were added later in the '70s, were nice additions and can/should remain, as well. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, LouBrawls said:

Found in the Sabres store.  I lifted the images from twitter.

D9dJRjbXUAUXaC7.jpg

D9dJRhsWwAA3rSx.jpg

Good to see the butter knives included.

Might get to wear that one again up in the 300's.  Sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they have to use the slug, that’s a good place to put it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shrader said:

If they have to use the slug, that’s a good place to put it. 

Can think of a better place for them to place it, but not supposed to use words like that in polite company.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Can think of a better place for them to place it, but not supposed to use words like that in polite company.

Nova Scotia?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shrader said:

Nova Scotia?

Him too.

Though he may need to be more "flexible" than we expected. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd bet money we are getting some type of gold jersey... "Welcome to The Golden Season" 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

I immensely disliked this change on so many levels. A complete departure from the original color scheme and logo was ridiculous and epitomized the crooked Rigas era, IMO. A complete betrayal and money grab. As much as the 'goat head' bothered me, I  would take it any day of the week and twice on Sunday over the complete abomination that was the 'slug'. Gimme back those original blue unis, please. The nameplates and shoulder logos, which were added later in the '70s, were nice additions and can/should remain, as well. 

Right there with you! The shoulder logos were a great touch. Here's hoping!

 

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd bet money we are getting some type of gold jersey... "Welcome to The Golden Season" 

 

A pretty safe bet considering there are several rumors out there that the 50th celebration uni will be white with gold as the primary accent.

Would expect much lower odds of them having a Nashville or 70's Kings style golden uni.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Taro T said:

Can think of a better place for them to place it, but not supposed to use words like that in polite company.

If they had a sense of humor about themselves they'd get stickers and put them in he target area of every urinal in the arena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I'd bet money we are getting some type of gold jersey... "Welcome to The Golden Season" 

 

Every so often people like to suggest songs for the on ice intro.  To this day, there is no better fit than the sabre dance and this anniversary is the perfect time to use nothing but that.  Now I know that @SDS likes to chime in saying that kids today don't like the old stuff (and I agree), but I'd hope he'd look the other way on this one.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion.... Sabre Dance is one of the most boring pieces of music if played as written. It needs an entirely new arrangement to be used today. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LGR4GM said:

Unpopular opinion.... Sabre Dance is one of the most boring pieces of music if played as written. It needs an entirely new arrangement to be used today. 

giphy.gif

  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

and this...

 

G

Od

 

W

HY

 

Grap

hic

 

Des

ign

ismy

passio

n

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Unpopular opinion.... Sabre Dance is one of the most boring pieces of music if played as written. It needs an entirely new arrangement to be used today. 

They've used different arrangements of it. It's hard to improve on the original, unless you get the Japanese kids to perform it on Taro Night.

 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...