Non Sabres Deadline Trades/Rumors

Brawndo

Just now, ... said:

I guess that's a fair metric.  I fail to see how this translates into Botterill seeing value in trading for Vesey, unless you think part of the reason for the team's place in the standings is because Botterill is an idiot.  And I sincerely mean that, no snark.  Because, if we do trade anything for Vesey, I will fully and completely agree that Botterill is a legit idiot.

But doesn't it depend on the price?  I agree that trading McCabe for him would be nuts, but what about Scandella, Hunwick, O'Regan, a 5th-round pick, or similar cheapo price?

Just now, ... said:

I guess that's a fair metric.  I fail to see how this translates into Botterill seeing value in trading for Vesey, unless you think part of the reason the team's place in the standings are because Botterill is an idiot.  And I sincerely mean that, no snark.  Because, if we do trade anything for Vesey, I will fully and completely agree that Botterill is a legit idiot.

I'm just at the point where I'm skeptical of Botterill's player evaluations. He's turned over most of the roster to, at best, neutral results. 

Just now, nfreeman said:

But doesn't it depend on the price?  I agree that trading McCabe for him would be nuts, but what about Scandella, Hunwick, O'Regan, a 5th-round pick, or similar cheapo price?

I see more value in a pick - any pick - than I do in Vesey.  I could see a 1:1 trade Scandella for Vesey as interesting and likely useful as a means to manage the cap.  In fact, if they did that trade and then dumped Vesey in Rochester for the rest of his contract, I would applaud Botterill.  This is quite unlikely to happen.

24 minutes ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

I go by negative inference: if it is true that the Sabres are trying to get Vesey, then I do not trust Botterill to have seen these data.  If he has, then I do not trust him to recognize their meaning.

He used “their” with “data”!

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm just at the point where I'm skeptical of Botterill's player evaluations. He's turned over most of the roster to, at best, neutral results. 

I don't blame you.  I'm pretty much there myself.  However, I don't know if I can handle yet another idiot GM for this team.  I don't want that to be true.  So, until the off-season moves are complete, I'm trying not to look at it that way.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Vesey was TM’s guy.

For the moment. (Rumor has it, but I refuse to believe it) he'll soon be back in our hands. Then he'd be JBot's guy, too.

And for the record: I'm not intending to continue the Vesey speculation. I hope that ship has crashed into an planetary shield.

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

It is really, really slow here today ? 

We're just getting warmed up!

Edited by DarthEbriate

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

For the moment. (Rumor has it, but I refuse to believe it) he'll soon be back in our hands. Then he'd be JBot's guy, too.

And for the record: I'm not intending to continue the Vesey speculation. I hope that ship has crashed into an planetary shield.

We're just getting warmed up!

This year feels like 2015 to me.  I don't recall when the action started that day, but it seemed like when the first trade came, it was rapid fire after that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I really do think trading Subban right now makes a ton of sense for Nashville. They should do it.

I agree. And I’d love to find a way to add him. I think they’d prefer to dump almost his entire cap but maybe we can give them a better return if they take a contract off our hands. Okposo would be the dream but if you do that you’re then forced to pay the real price it’d take for a guy like Subban.

1 minute ago, Radar said:

Count me in on getting Vesey if the price is right. On our team he's possibly a second line and certainly upgrades a third line.

All evidence points to this being inaccurate. He does not appear to be an upgrade (certainly not to a second line and debatable for the third).

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I agree. And I’d love to find a way to add him. I think they’d prefer to dump almost his entire cap but maybe we can give them a better return if they take a contract off our hands. Okposo would be the dream but if you do that you’re then forced to pay the real price it’d take for a guy like Subban.

All evidence points to this being inaccurate. He does not appear to be an upgrade (certainly not to a second line and debatable for the third).

Risto for Subban straight up?

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

I think we're stuck with Okposo until his contract is up or he gets bought out.

1 minute ago, Hoss said:

His point average is as good over the past three years as any LW on our roster not named Skinner. I think he's comparable to Sheary and at two more years at 2.25m I'm interested. Of course it depends on price. I think some Buffalo fans just can't get past he chose the Rangers.

13 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think we're stuck with Okposo until his contract is up or he gets bought out.

Or until he's diagnosed with a degenerative back injury (whichever comes first).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.