Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round

Recommended Posts

And the counter-attack.  Again.  The Sharks look like a beaten team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

He's not getting fired, but he's justifiably going to feel some heat. How in the world does Auston Matthews only play 18 minutes in a game 7?*

*Somewhere, Pi is thinking "Because he got his contract and got lazy and out of shape and can't play any more than that."

This is absolutely absurd

But, you know who Cassidy played less than Matthews' 18:48?

Bergeron, Marchand, and Pasternak

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WildCard said:

This is absolutely absurd

Mind boggling.  Maybe Babcock is not who we thought he was.  

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Leafs boards are asking for Babcock's head and many want Keefe.  They have a fire Babcock thread that is up to 38 pages!

Edited by Gatorman0519
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not for nothin, but how hard would it be to have a camera mounted at crossbar height to determine if a high sticking occurred. It's not like cameras are expensive anymore.

 

It's just not SJS's night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

The Leafs boards are asking for Babcock's head and many want Keefe.  They have a fire Babcock thread that is up to 38 pages!

Keefe would probably do a better job honestly 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eakin just did something bad, ejected with a 5, Pavelski down hard.....I'm expecting a hefty suspension. 

Maybe SJS can close the gap on the long PP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Eakin just did something bad, ejected with a 5, Pavelski down hard.....I'm expecting a hefty suspension. 

Maybe SJS can close the gap on the long PP

After watching that I don’t even know if that was a penalty. If it was it’s not by much. More of an unlucky play. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Eakin just did something bad, ejected with a 5, Pavelski down hard.....I'm expecting a hefty suspension. 

Maybe SJS can close the gap on the long PP

Was it bad? I couldn't really tell. It just seemed like a weird play.

I do want overtime, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bobs0108 said:

After watching that I don’t even know if that was a penalty. If it was it’s not by much. More of an unlucky play. 

Yeah, I didn't see much at all, except an Injury, unfortunate, but it's a terrible call 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Vegas ends up losing this the NHL owes and apology to them and those officials need to be done for the rest of the playoffs either way. Just bc someone gets hurt doesn’t mean it a penalty let alone 5 and a game. The Sharks didn’t even really react. This is garbage. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

And the counter-attack.  Again.  The Sharks look like a beaten team.

 

Boy, what a turnaround!

tenor.gif?itemid=5112090

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.... I've never seen anything like this. 

 

But yeah, they got jobbed bad by the refs, and I have no real rooting interest in this game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

After watching that I don’t even know if that was a penalty. If it was it’s not by much. More of an unlucky play. 

Vegas completely got jobbed. An over reaction to something that was clearly incidental, based on how Pavelski looked. I really hope he's ok - I hope it's not in sensitive to say it looked very unusual to see his body react like that to that type of contact. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theres gonna be a nasty reaction to this......maybe worse than when the saints got jobbed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Vegas completely got jobbed. An over reaction to something that was clearly incidental, based on how Pavelski looked. I really hope he's ok - I hope it's not in sensitive to say it looked very unusual to see his body react like that to that type of contact. 

It was odd, looked like he took a cross check to the face, I'm wondering if his face shield cracked and cut him when he hit the ice?

Edited by skaught

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refs wrongly assumed there was some egregious penalty since a guy was down and bleeding. Stupid stupid assumption. Maybe look at the video if they have no clue?  Idiotic. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, skaught said:

It was odd, looked like he took a cross check to the face, I'm wondering if his face shield cracked and cut him when he hit the ice?

That's what I seen also, a cross check to the face/head and that caused him to go down awkwardly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bobs0108 said:

If Vegas ends up losing this the NHL owes and apology to them and those officials need to be done for the rest of the playoffs either way. Just bc someone gets hurt doesn’t mean it a penalty let alone 5 and a game. The Sharks didn’t even really react. This is garbage. 

Game 7 of a six month season and the refs are guessing that a penalty occurred. Completely changing the fortunes of two teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...