GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Don’t worry these meaningless games will have zero corrallation to next season.   Work to be done but certainly not impossible 

I need to stop hearing that these games are "meaningless". Do we not think this losing environment is draining on a player? Is it not indicative of problems with the coaching, roster, etc? 

Meaningless is the wrong word. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Housley is a travesty but Botterill deserves a lot of the blame.  Exhibit A: trading one of the better centers in the league for a quitter, a loser, and a guy who should have been in Rochester a good part of the year.

I’m pretty sure ROR was a quitter.  Didn’t he lose the love of the game? 

1 minute ago, Fishtree said:

I think you're way more optimistic than me. Kane was gone.

So we either lose him for nothing, or we trade him as a rental to a playoff team.

What do you think the going rate for a rental with a history of issues is?

Paint it however you like,  the trade didn't help us.

Just now, Thorny said:

I need to stop hearing that these games are "meaningless". Do we not think this losing environment is draining on a player? Is it not indicative of problems with the coaching, roster, etc? 

I can’t think of a better word  I guess they aren’t meaningless because they almost guarantee Housley is gone 

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

These games are largely a product of the games like this that came before.

Losing is a habit and as the season started to slip away, the players decided they were the same old Sabres.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

I can’t think of a better word  I guess they aren’t meaningless because they almost guarantee Housley is gone 

Well, exactly. If they were meaningless, they'd have no bearing on his status as coach of the Buffalo Sabres.

Just now, dudacek said:

These games are largely a product of the games like this that came before.

Losing is a habit and as the sason started to slip away, the players decided they were the same old Sabres.

RIght and that "decision" being made game in, and game out, is far from without meaning.

Just now, klos1963 said:

Paint it however you like,  the trade didn't help us.

I don't disagree that it hasn't been helpful. I just think that clinging to the idea that we could have got a significant ready-now piece for Kane or that he would have stayed is wildly off the mark.

1 minute ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wow, Kyle actually said they weren't ready to play again tonight. How many times how many times

Maybe one of these games Kyle himself will be ready to play and actually score a goal. 

Like a freakin' broken record with this team.

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Agree 100%.  

Playing for draft picks is not the answer. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

Wow, Kyle actually said they weren't ready to play again tonight. How many times how many times

I don’t believe he meant that. They are just spewing out catchphrases at this point because they have nothing left to say.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Fishtree said:

I don't disagree that it hasn't been helpful. I just think that clinging to the idea that we could have got a significant ready-now piece for Kane or that he would have stayed is wildly off the mark.

I guess it just points to the dysfunction with the organization when you go through coaches and GM's . One GM trades for Kane , the next one may not see him as a valuable player, leads to what we have now.

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

You don’t know what Thompson is going to turn into or who they draft    Plus they can spend his salary on someone else 

they came in last with ROR, let’s not forget that 

He's not the reason they finished last.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Agree 100%.  

Playing for draft picks is not the answer. 

I won't disagree with you, but the viewpoint that we should lose out for a better pick is not even one I'm dismissing. Just saying that there's a trade off. Better the pick, the worse the team is. It's an inverse ratio and always has been, that's literally why the draft is structured the way it is, aside from the lottery. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.