GDT Sabres at Ottawa 3/26/19 7:30.

Brawndo

Just now, Thorny said:

No quit in the kid swede. Good to see.

As bad as this all seems, I can't imagine how much even worse it would be if we didn't win that lottery. What would Botterill be thinking?

"I have no ability to build a winning team in the NHL."  (My guess.)

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

No quit in the kid swede. Good to see.

As bad as this all seems, I can't imagine how much even worse it would be if we didn't win that lottery. What would Botterill be thinking?

It was easier building a team when I was Assistant GM.

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

There is absolutely no way that Jack can be captain of this team next year

I'm not ready to blame Jack for guys like Sobotka, Thompson, Mittelstadt, Ristolainen, Girgensons, and the rest being bad hockey players.

There's a lot of pressure on him right now.  Taking over the reigns for a terrible coach shouldn't be part of that.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I would love it if Phil pulled a Herb Brooks and made them skate until they puke after the next practice.  

I am more pissed at the players than at Phil. 

Something is wrong. 

Will that make them play better defense, will it make the goalies stop more shots, our forwards score.... There isn't enough talent on this team.There hasn't been in years and whether you agree with the moves or not, we traded 2 of our better forwards and pretty much got nothing in return.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, SwampD said:

Jack is a shell of himself.

This is why the timeline matters so much. This process can't go this way anymore for Jack's sanity. I don't want to start cutting into Dahlin. Things like the optics of firing a coach, just to use one example, don't matter right now. Anything to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.