GDT: Sabres at Leafs 2-25-19 7PM

spndnchz

If we’re gonna bring back the offersheet, do it for Point.

side note: some GM is going to do it in the next year or so (make the offersheet a real tool again)... the exponential growth in the 2nd year contract/RFA costs is catching up... its hitting Toronto and Tampa now. GMs will have to accept that the best pathway to elite talent may be poaching it, because NOT making the offersheet allows great teams to bully great players into well below market contracts... see Kucherov bridge deal. 

Cant allow Tampa/Toronto to have great players at great costs

Edited by jame
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, jame said:

If we’re gonna bring back the offersheet, do it for Point.

side note: some GM is going to do it in the next year or so (make the offersheet a real tool again)... the exponential growth in the 2nd year contract/RFA costs is catching up... its hitting Toronto and Tampa now. GMs will have to accept that the best pathway to elite talent may be poaching it.

Yes. Figure out the price below 4 firsts and offer that for however many years

5 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

They were playing with them in the first period. The goals against in the second period happened when they stopped skating and started standing around. In my eyes it was a drop off in effort after they got too comfortable

Absolutely.  We outplayed them for most of the first.  We just stopped playing right after the first PK.  Look at Hunwick standing next to Taveras but not tying him up in anyway.  

On the Mathews goal we watched the puck bounce around, unfortunately to the wrong guy.   

Sure, Toronto has better talent, especially at forward, but we can play with them.  Looking forward to a rally and a 5-4 win tonight boys.

Just now, sweetlou said:

Just shows how one call can change the whole complexion of a game.  Sabres played well the first and then had a phantom trip call that gave Leafs the PP and goal, which led to the momentum.  Wheels fell off after that. No PP, no goal maybe Sabres have better second period.

True...  But we've been horrid in the 2nd all season and as soon as Toronto upped their game we folded up like droideka. Until we learn how to play better immediately following a goal against we're going to be in the top-10 for picks. Yuck. I hate typing that.

3 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Yes, the offer sheet wouldn't happen. But if I'm Toronto, I take Buffalo's four 1st round picks...  and then sign Skinner with the money reserved for Marner.

They only have $10.3m in cap space with only 15 skaters and 1 goalie. If they can’t make it happen with Mitch, they aren’t going to make it happen with Skinner. If Skinner hits open market someone will match Stone’s deal. They desperately need to upgrade their defense, you would think they go for that. 

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

True...  But we've been horrid in the 2nd all season and as soon as Toronto upped their game we folded up like droideka. Until we learn how to play better immediately following a goal against we're going to be in the top-10 for picks. Yuck. I hate typing that.

I appreciate your dedication to the Star Wars shtick. I always get a chuckle reading your posts ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.