Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

Just now, Kruppstahl said:

So what does everyone think we have here?  

Any predictions on our record this year?  Will we make the playoffs?

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Very excited to lose the next 3 in a row 

One game at a time, fellas. 

Cincy has some defensive issues, but Andy Dalton, for his flaws, can move the football down the field. Need Tre to have a bounce back game against John Ross. Need Singletary to be okay - Gore by himself isn't enough to keep this offense multi-dimensional. 

Go Bills! 

7 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

So what does everyone think we have here?  

Any predictions on our record this year?  Will we make the playoffs?

They should be 5-3, or with a little luck 6-2, at the midway point.  The 2nd half looks tougher on paper but 4-4 is realistic.  So, 9-7 or maybe even sneaking a WC at 10-6.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

Cincy has some defensive issues, but Andy Dalton, for his flaws, can move the football down the field. Need Tre to have a bounce back game against John Ross. Need Singletary to be okay - Gore by himself isn't enough to keep this offense multi-dimensional. 

Go Bills! 

Dalton, for his faults, will be the best QB we have played so far this year by a wide margin.   

It could be a lot of fun if we go up 3-0 heading into the Patriots game.  We'll see then if there's true cause for excitement or if this might be another 2008 type season.  

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They should be 5-3, or with a little luck 6-2, at the midway point.  The 2nd half looks tougher on paper but 4-4 is realistic.  So, 9-7 or maybe even sneaking a WC at 10-6.

I had us at 8-8 before the season started, but with my usual +/-  2 win margin of error. 

Still don't have a handle on what we have here.  We might know a bit more after Cincy.  We will know more the week after that too.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Against the Bengals at home and the Titans?

I don't feel the sense of pessimism that dark does, but we could easily lose any of those games, and thus all of them.

I trust that a Sean McDermott team will never overlook an opponent though, as much as I trust that he'll never go for the throat when up a couple scores!

12 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Go Bills! 

I expected them to go 1-4, 2-3 at best, through the first 5 and I think I'm still mostly right with that given that they barely beat the Jets. They *should* go 3-2, but they're going to Bills up one of the Titans or Bengals games so I'm still comfortable with 2-3. 

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Against the Bengals at home and the Titans?

Experience says that the Bills are more likely to ***** everything up than not so yeah.

In the next 6 games we have 3 very winnable games against Cin, Wash and Miami.

We have one toss up against the Titans.  Two big tests against Phil and NE.

We should go at least 5-3 in the first half, but 6-2 also possible.  

I also predicted 10-6 before the season.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

In the next 6 games we have 3 very winnable games against Cin, Wash and Miami.

We have one toss up against the Titans.  Two big tests against Phil and NE.

We should go at least 5-3, but 6-2 also possible.

It's going to be 4-4 because they'll manage to somehow beat Philly but then they'll lose a total debacle of a game against Miami to give them their first win of the season. Book it.

Just now, darksabre said:

It's going to be 4-4 because they'll manage to somehow beat Philly but then they'll lose a total debacle of a game against Miami to give them their first win of the season. Book it.

Winner of the Because Buffalo post award.  

This is actually a very good team.  The defense was 2nd last season and looks just as good this season.  This team will be in every game this season because of this. 

Allen despite a terrible start against the Jets and has now completed 60% plus of his passes in the first two weeks and he has targets that actually catch the ball. 

This is a much improved team over last season.  The game against the Jets showed the team has heart and the methodical best down of the Giants shows what this team is capable of.  

Its finally time to expect this team to take a step forward.

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Winner of the Because Buffalo post award.  

This is actually a very good team.  The defense was 2nd last season and looks just as good this season.  This team will be in every game this season because of this. 

Allen despite a terrible start against the Jets and has now completed 60% plus of his passes in the first two weeks and he has targets that actually catch the ball. 

This is a much improved team over last season.  The game against the Jets showed the team has heart and the methodical best down of the Giants shows what this team is capable of.  

Its finally time to expect this team to take a step forward.

"Because Buffalo" exists for a reason. They've been doing this ***** my whole life. 

They're finishing 8-8 and I don't care if they win the first 8 in a row. 

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Give Poyer some credit there - that was beautiful. 

This is the first time I've ever seen the Bills beat the Giants, and it's the first time the Bills have conquered Eli 

We have 2 wins in 2 teams' home stadiums before either of those 2 teams has a single win anywhere

Where were you on November 30, 2003?

So right now I have the Bills as a top-6 AFC playoff team:

DW1. Pats

DW2. Chiefs

DW3. Ravens

DW4. Texans

WC1. Chargers

WC2.  Bills

The preseason hype trains for the Jets, Browns, Steelers, and Jags appear to have derailed. The Colts are hurt badly by not having Luck. The Titans are a decent team, but I still think the Bills are better overall. Raiders, Broncos, Bengals, and Dolphins bring up the rear.

Thoughts?

The AFC looks downright mediocre outside of KC/NE so far. Baltimore may join them, I just need to see 'em play teams that aren't Miami and Arizona. 

It ***** sucks that we have to play NE twice every year. Imagine this season, but replacing those games with average teams. I'd feel so much more confident in getting to 10 wins.

Either way, one game at a time baby. Can't wait for the home opener.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nfreeman said:

I think it's worth noting that JA made a number of plays that only a very good QB makes, and a few that only a star QB makes.

He's still got a ways to go but he might just be the one.

Compare this Josh to the one that started week 2 against San Diego last year. 

Taking that step back, I'm thrilled and couldn't have reasonably asked for more development, really.

• Like (+1) 3