Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

39 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Steelers acquire Fitzpatrick from Dolphins, no not that one, for a 2020 First Round Pick 

Smart by Miami.  Trading with KC, Packers, Philly or the Cowboys will not yield a top 10 pick, which could very well happen with Pittsburgh.   From the Steeler perspective not sure what they think they can achieve this year.   How many first rounders from Miami next year?  Three, plus the first overall?   Epic Tank.  

10 hours ago, Broken Ankles said:

Smart by Miami.  Trading with KC, Packers, Philly or the Cowboys will not yield a top 10 pick, which could very well happen with Pittsburgh.   From the Steeler perspective not sure what they think they can achieve this year.   How many first rounders from Miami next year?  Three, plus the first overall?   Epic Tank.  

3 including the 1 overall.

10 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

What a horrible trade for Pittsburgh. Their defense is way worse than any 1 CB can fix (let alone a middling guy like Fitzpatrick), and they kinda sorta don't have a QB.

Although I agree with the Pittsburgh defense part, Fitzpatrick was top 10 in the NFL in lowest completion percentage against last year (minimum 400 coverage snaps) as a rookie.  I think he's well above middling.  I was hoping the Bills might take a look at him, but not at the price Pittsburgh ended up paying.

2 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Although I agree with the Pittsburgh defense part, Fitzpatrick was top 10 in the NFL in lowest completion percentage against last year (minimum 400 coverage snaps) as a rookie.  I think he's well above middling.  I was hoping the Bills might take a look at him, but not at the price Pittsburgh ended up paying.

I wouldn't have mind paying a #1 for him. We'd have two very solid DBs, and a guy that can play safety if we get hurt. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I wouldn't have mind paying a #1 for him. We'd have two very solid DBs, and a guy that can play safety if we get hurt. 

Looking like a good chance at a top 10 pick from Pittsburgh though.  Tough for the Bills to beat that with their projected last pick in the first round. ?

Edit: Has anyone tanked as hard as Miami is right now?  They now have 5 first round picks and 4 second round picks over the next 2 drafts, with lots of time for more moves to add to that.

Edited by Thwomp!

19 minutes ago, Thwomp! said:

Looking like a good chance at a top 10 pick from Pittsburgh though.  Tough for the Bills to beat that with their projected last pick in the first round. ?

Edit: Has anyone tanked as hard as Miami is right now?  They now have 5 first round picks and 4 second round picks over the next 2 drafts, with lots of time for more moves to add to that.

I was really starting to think that this was the year where Pittsburgh would land their next franchise QB just like the got the last one.  They fall apart for one year, get an early pick and then Ben falls into their lap.  So much for that thought.

45 minutes ago, shrader said:

I was really starting to think that this was the year where Pittsburgh would land their next franchise QB just like the got the last one.  They fall apart for one year, get an early pick and then Ben falls into their lap.  So much for that thought.

Their GM should be fired immediately. Just no excuse for trading a potential top 5 pick. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, sabills said:

Literally the only thing you trade that for is a Drew Brees type QB (meaning Drew Brees when he was traded). A saftey? I might give up a third for it.

He's potentially a really good corner that the Dolphins were trying to play at strong safety, which caused the disagreement and trade demand. Not that I care if Pittsburgh makes stupid moves, but this pick is going to be really high, unless playing the Browns and Bengals four times helps artificially inflate their record. 

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

LMAO there was one sports media guy that was claiming this past week that we were going to end Eli's career (in the benching fashion, not with injury)

I might have to try and find his reaction to this actually happening

Yeah, it was Adam Schein from CBS sports.