Buffalo Bills 2019-2020

WildCard

39 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

And he's needed to be. From what I've seen and then read, the O-line's play has been not great.

Not great, but better than the last few years in terms of protecting the QB.  T-Mobile was so skittish he ran at the drop of a hat, so it was hard to protect him and the O-line never developed pass protection skills as a unit.  This year's edition of Josh Allen is also prone to run, but is more likely to use his O-line in a more traditional pass protection role.  We've seen him scramble on occasion but he's much more likely to throw it away than we've seen from a young QB in some time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He's in the process of proving a lot of people wrong, myself included, and I hope he keeps it up. 

He's still erratic but fans do like to focus on the positives, for sure.

His overall talent level is higher than his critics thought it was, and he has definitely shown growth so far.

He is a mix of good and bad, and through 2 games against 2 terrible opponents the good has outweighed the bad, which is good enough! 

I am desperate for us to play a good football team so we can se where he is.

We'll know after Week 4 if not this Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

He's still erratic but fans do like to focus on the positives, for sure.

His overall talent level is higher than his critics thought it was, and he has definitely shown growth so far.

He is a mix of good and bad, and through 2 games against 2 terrible opponents the good has outweighed the bad, which is good enough! 

I am desperate for us to play a good football team so we can se where he is.

We'll know after Week 4 if not this Sunday.

I hear that he's erratic a lot, but I don't really know what it means. Is he more erratic than what I saw from Carson Wentz in two games, especially Monday night, this year? Wentz is nearly MVP caliber so far in his career. Never heard that word with him, but my oh my were a majority of his throws awful three nights ago. What about Baker two nights ago? Nobody has ever called him erratic. Aside from a couple of dimes to OBJ, there was some ugly football from him. I don't judge them on it - they look like all good NFL QBs sometimes, even often, look.

I agree that Josh has merely taken a step to intriguing, rather than being an answer, or definitely a good quarterback. But a lot of people put on different glasses when evaluating his play from the ones they wear for any other QB any given Sunday. I saw a remarkably consistent QB against two mediocre to bad defenses, and the only difference in result for the drives (we moved on both all day) were that some had wacky bounces against the Jets that the rest of the ones against the Jets, and the ones against the Giants, didn't have. Josh had worse throws than the one he made to Cole for Mosely's pick against the Giants actually get caught by his receivers. He's been consistent, and consistently accurate, and consistently good in decision-making, against these two bad teams - at least as much so as any QB in the real world generally is. 

But yes, let's hope he can continue to show promising signs as the schedule inevitably progresses. 

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

How have I become known for this?!

Because you have stumped for him, pretty consistently.

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

This thought has crept in for me as well, of late.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Because you have stumped for him, pretty consistently.

This thought has crept in for me as well, of late.

Oh, no doubt have I said positive things about him, and I still think he's going to be very good, but it's not like I've replaced my Farrah Fawcett poster with one of Mitch Trubisky or anything.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, WildCard said:

How many MM's of $'s did he piss away in the past 3 or so months?

Amazing.

And if even the Cheatriots don't want you / can't get you on the straight(ish) and narrow; nobody can.

Wonder if they found some merit to the sexual assault charges or if he was just too much a whackadoodle or both.

38 minutes ago, Taro T said:

How many MM's of $'s did he piss away in the past 3 or so months?

Amazing.

And if even the Cheatriots don't want you / can't get you on the straight(ish) and narrow; nobody can.

Wonder if they found some merit to the sexual assault charges or if he was just too much a whackadoodle or both.

• Like (+1) 1