GDT: Blackhawks @ Sabres 2/1/2019, 7PM EST

SABRES 0311

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

I ignored nothing. The roster is equally as awful this year.

IDK if I agree.  The defense is better because of Dahlin, healthy BOGO (forget about tonight's game) and healthy McCabe.  Pilut has shown promise as well.  Forward-wise, how can you say that Skinner is not a factor vs. last year?  Sam has played a better first half this season vs. last year.  Larry is having a better year vs. last year.  Sheary adds speed (not much point production though).  There are either new players making an impact and returning players showing more than they did vs. a year ago.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I ignored nothing. The roster is equally as awful this year.

You should look at last years D compared to this years...

and say what you want about Hutton and Ullmark, but I raise you one Chad Johnson.

and even at forward... we added numerous speed skill players (Skinner, Sheary, Mitts, Erod) when the only subtraction SHOULD have been kane... 

this years roster is significantly better than the disaster Botts put together last year... and people say ROR wanted out. I don’t doubt that... that’s on Botts too. 

Edited by jame
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jame said:

Time machine. Plug ROR back in and hire a competent head coach... and we’d be in a very solid place

This is nothing more than conjecture.

5 minutes ago, jame said:

Your ignoring how awful the roster was that year... it had Moulson, Seth’s Griffith, Matt Tennyson.... Chad ***** Johnson, Jordan Nolan... and the list goes on... literally 1/3 of the roster was non-NHLers...

Yes... we didn’t win with EIchel/ROR core... when the core was surrounded by garbage and injuries exasperated the problems... 

So Pommers, Elie and Nelson are respectable upgrades?? 

The 10 game run seems to have clouded too many fans minds....A good unbiased look at this roster shows a lot of weaknesses. There’s a lot more to do.

Just now, jame said:

You should look at last years D compared to this years...

and say what you want about Hutton and Ullmark, but I raise you one Chad Johnson.

and even at forward... we added numerous speed skill players (Skinner, Sheary, Mitts, Erod) when the only subtraction SHOULD have been kane... 

this years roster is significantly better than the disaster Botts put together last year... and people say ROR wanted out. I don’t doubt that... that’s on Botts too.

I respectfully disagree. Going on a 10 game, win it in OT or shootout majority of games run isn't exactly the proof we need that this team is still bottom 5 to 10, with such young studs as Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, Dahlin and great pick ups as Tage Thompson or how about those FA signings or those trades for upgrades?

Jame, you and I both know this team isn't going anywhere, anytime soon, until serious changes are made, both on the roster as well as the coaching staff.

I won't go in to the GM position yet. But there is definitely a larger problem than just the roster in Buffalo, you and I can both agree on that I assume.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Beer said:

PH sounds pissed in the post game presser.  He’s feeling the heat.

Who knows what gets said privately within the org. but IMHO Housley has not been held accountable enough publicly.  If they players love him, you would think they would respond to protect him.  Right now, I have no idea how much the players feel because nobody in the press is asking them.  It's professional sports, so it's high time the coach is held accountable publicly and let's see how the team reacts.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

This is nothing more than conjecture.

So Pommers, Elie and Nelson are respectable upgrades?? 

The 10 game run seems to have clouded too many fans minds....A good unbiased look at this roster shows a lot of weaknesses. There’s a lot more to do.

No doubt the roster has weaknesses, but there are new players who are upgrades....Skinner and Dahlin as two examples.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.