GDT Florida Panthers at Buffalo Sabres 7:00pm ET 12/18/2018

Doohickie

Just now, Brawndo said:

Thorny, read the first three words of my post again. 

Oh I know, was responding to the sentiment. Sorry, didn't make that clear. 

9 minutes ago, Eleven said:

They're not going to score on every PP.  I loved the way that one looked.

But it shouldn't be in the bottom half of the league, with the guys we have on it. 

Yandle can skate and has skill but he is not known for fighting, or even for hitting.  Of course he is a big man against Skinner. 

He should have got more than 2 minutes... 

Not happy with the PP.  ok, great puck movement but very few shots.   We have had as many CHANCES  on the PK. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was that Christmas Elvis ?

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I don't want Skinner fighting either but you can't allow someone to manhandle your 25 goal scorer like that without responding. SOMEONE from Florida needs to get a rough ride. We've already seen teams try to muscle us around. There are two ways to handle this, one is to go after Yandle or the other is for someone to whack someone like Hoffman pretty hard. Legally mind you, just hard.

The other way is to bury one on the PP.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I kinda like Thompson with Larsson and Z. He's fitting in, and will probably make him a better player over time. Later he will have to play with playmakers but I like this for now.

Everyone had trepidation about this combo but I knew he'd be fine.  Not as much pressure to score, just be TAGE DESTROYER OF ENEMY RUSHES.  If he scores that's just bonus.

24 minutes ago, inkman said:

Sounds like he drank a 1/5th of JD 

From other remarks he's said in the past, I don't doubt it.

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I don't want Skinner fighting either but you can't allow someone to manhandle your 25 goal scorer like that without responding. SOMEONE from Florida needs to get a rough ride. We've already seen teams try to muscle us around. There are two ways to handle this, one is to go after Yandle or the other is for someone to whack someone like Hoffman pretty hard. Legally mind you, just hard.

Third way. You play your game and beat them. You only need to respond if you feel inferior. 

Just now, Let's Go B-Lo said:

Prefer we even the score with Yandle than start a vendetta on skill players.  Hoping Bogo gets that crazy look again  

If Barkov wants a piece of Skinner he knows how to find him.  

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Oh I know, was responding to the sentiment. Sorry, didn't make that clear. 

But it shouldn't be in the bottom half of the league, with the guys we have on it. 

No worries, and you are absolutely right about retaliation being stupid for plays like that. Skinner  did  the smart thing and drew the penalty 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Pimlach said:

Prefer we even the score with Yandle than start a vendetta on skill players.  Hoping Bogo gets that crazy look again  

If Barkov wants a piece of Skinner he knows how to find him.  

i get what why we are all responding here but lets not forget Skinner did take Barkov their top player down with that little stick behind the knee move.

Barkov did appear hobbled and that's why our boy is getting the rough treatment.

if someone does that to Jack we all would expect  someone to respond from our team..   Its just Hockey boys, nothing to see here. 

Lets play our game and beat them on the score board, that is what good teams do..

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think Hunwick has been a welcome addition, especially with our starting D banged up.

I agree.  He looked fine during the Boston game.  Based on comments, I was expecting much worse but he’s not been a liability.

2 minutes ago, R_Dudley said:

i get what why we are all responding here but lets not forget Skinner did take Barkov their top player down with that little stick behind the knee move.

Barkov did appear hobbled and that's why our boy is getting the rough treatment.

if someone does that to Jack we all would expect  someone to respond from our team..   Its just Hockey boys, nothing to see here. 

Lets play our game and beat them on the score board, that is what good teams do..

True. But not the way Rick Dudley would do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.