GDT - The Very Sharp Sabres @ The Very, Very Frightening (NOT!!) Lightning of Tampa - November 29, 2018 - 7:30 PM (EST) - 8:30 PM (NS time)

Sabres Fan in NS

I know I said the rest of the night, but I honored the spirit of the deal by not posting in here during the game, and we lost so the hockey gods can go pound sand. 

That was as fun a ten game stretch as we've had since the Spring of 2011 when we roared back into a playoff spot. Thank you Sabres!

Tampa could have had nine. They're ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, R_Dudley said:

I know he's a rookie and makes a lot of good plays but tonight Dahlin made a lot of bad decisions 

It's not just that.  A puck-carrying defenseman like Ristolainen or Dahlin needs to be paired with s stay-at-home defenseman like McCabe.  Yes, Dahlin made mistakes, but I'm fine with the learning curve.  But having them out there together in a tied game was nuts, and that's on Housley (whom I don't criticize as often as others).

4 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That game was so annoying. Love a good, high-scoring game but this wasn’t that. Ugly goals and just overall ugly hockey. A game we deserved to get blown out but easily could’ve won. Gut check time with the streak over.

I honestly don't know what you see in hockey games. We didn't deserve to get bown out by any stretch of the imagination.

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

We  were starting to tilt it in the third and a horrible shift cost us.

After that, we were out of horseshoes.

Good lesson ends a good run.

Yep.

Just now, Hoss said:

A rough game for a lot of the usual studs. Hutton, Skinner and Dahlin were all downright bad.

But I still feel ***** excited about this team. Tomorrow I think they come out hot and run the Panthers out of the building.

Again, downright bad? I just ,…

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

It's not just that.  A puck-carrying defenseman like Ristolainen or Dahlin needs to be paired with s stay-at-home defenseman like McCabe.  Yes, Dahlin made mistakes, but I'm fine with the learning curve.  But having them out there together in a tied game was nuts, and that's on Housley (whom I don't criticize as often as others).

McCabe wasn't playing.

Just now, SwampD said:

Two bad early goals where Okoposo and Elie looked really bad were the difference in this game.

The Sabres are really good and it makes me happy.

They are really good.  I also am not sure that I need to see Elie in a Sabres uniform again.  He isn't impressive, he absolutely stunk it on the first goal tonight, and I'm sure there's someone in Rochester who could replace him.

Just now, Cheektorado said:

McCabe wasn't playing.

IT IS AN EXAMPLE.

1 minute ago, Randall Flagg said:

I know I said the rest of the night, but I honored the spirit of the deal by not posting in here during the game, and we lost so the hockey gods can go pound sand. 

That was as fun a ten game stretch as we've had since the Spring of 2011 when we roared back into a playoff spot. Thank you Sabres!

Tampa could have had nine. They're ridiculous. 

That's true but with my center ice package this year I have been watching a lot of Hockey and scouting teams we going to be playing. Yes Tampa is good but they don't usually play this chippy they rely on their skill game. They brought their playoff game which our team wasn't ready for. 

I hope Phil uses this as a teaching moment because this fire wagon hockey is what the top teams can and will play when they want to win games and we need to learn it..  

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

That WAS an actual game situation.  

between whistles? If Risto actually tried anything Kuch would take the puck and put Risto's jock strap in the rafters, finishing with a roof job. Risto screws up checks all the time against much less shifty skaters.

I might sound harsh on Risto here, but him trying to fight and act tough as we're losing games and getting scored on is one of my least favorite tank/bad Sabres relics. 

Just now, Eleven said:

They are really good.  I also am not sure that I need to see Elie in a Sabres uniform again.  He isn't impressive, he absolutely stunk it on the first goal tonight, and I'm sure there's someone in Rochester who could replace him.

Yep. His speed is great for the PK but we need more than that.

3 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I honestly don't know what you see in hockey games. We didn't deserve to get bown out by any stretch of the imagination.

Tampa hit the post several times on plays they simply beat us. This could’ve easily been a 7-2 game. We got some good bounces on goals which was huge.

Also, yes - Skinner was downright bad. Dahlin and Hutton I can see debate but both made some bad plays.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.