The Zach Bogosian Dead Pool

darksabre

The Bogo Dead Pool  

60 members have voted

1. 1. During which set of games will Bogo miss his first game of the season due to injury?

• 1-20
    • 21-40
    • 41-60
    • 61-82
    • Playoffs
    • He won't miss any games due to injury
    • He gets hurt before the regular season even starts
  2. 2. How many games will he miss due to injury this season?

• None
    • 1-20
    • 21-40
    • 41-60
    • 61-82
    • 83+
  3. 3. Bonus: What will he injure?

• Arm
    • Leg
    • Torso
    • Head
    • Other?

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to say this but isn’t time to find a way to move on from Bogo.  Mr. Glass, even when “healthy,” was rarely even a decent player for us.  Why does anyone think that will change now?  I honestly think we need to place him on permanent IR like Toronto with Joffrey Lupul.  This will enable him to move on, rest, get healthy for his long-term future.  It will give th Sabres a Cap cushion in case we need to go over the cap and free up a roster spot for someone like Pilut or Guhle who could actually help this team now or in the near future.

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Can’t recall ever wanting a player to flip the middle finger to the fan base with his play as much as I want Bogo to right now.

The unwarranted hatred is approaching the shameful dumping on Mike Weber after the Arizona tank bowl.

I feel the same way.  And I’m rooting for him to be able to flip that middle finger.

10 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Can’t recall ever wanting a player to flip the middle finger to the fan base with his play as much as I want Bogo to right now.

The unwarranted hatred is approaching the shameful dumping on Mike Weber after the Arizona tank bowl

I don't think anybody hates him, or doubts his ability.    However his inability to stay healthy has reached comical status.   

All we heard all summer was that this was it.  After hip surgery he was finally 100% good to go, never felt better, blah blah blah.  Enough talk, it's time to do what you're being paid for.   Either play or hang it up already.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The unwarranted hatred is approaching the shameful dumping on Mike Weber after the Arizona tank bowl.

That would be great if he could.  Is there ANY reason whatsoever to expect he'll play even 10 games before the injuries take him back out of the lineup?

And that isn't coming from hatred, just expectations based on history.

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

That would be great if he could.  Is there ANY reason whatsoever to expect he'll play even 10 games before the injuries take him back out of the lineup?

This is a “contract year” for him, isn’t it?

12 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I don't think anybody hates him, or doubts his ability.    However his inability to stay healthy has reached comical status.   

All we heard all summer was that this was it.  After hip surgery he was finally 100% good to go, never felt better, blah blah blah.  Enough talk, it's time to do what you're being paid for.   Either play or hang it up already.

I do. He's not very good. He's a 3rd pairing Dman making top pairing money. Even when healthy, it's a problem. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hatred?  It’s not hatred. It’s just being realistic.  No one is saying Bogo is a bad person.  However, we are right correct in classifying his time here as a complete failure to date.  He has spent most of it injured and other than the last 22 games of 2015-16 (when he scored 6g and 9a +9) his production on the ice when he did play was awful. 

In fact, if you remove that hot streak all you have left is 137games played over 3 seasons with 3g 25a and a -53; for which we are paying $5.125 million per season with this season and next to go.  

So the question for the Sabres and the fans is what is in the best interest of the Sabres this season and next? Is it to continue to play a lousy injury prone player because you are paying him big money and you like the guy or or is it to give a younger player the PT to help his development.  

38 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don't hate Zach. 

I pity him.

24 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

12 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I do. He's not very good. He's a 3rd pairing Dman making top pairing money. Even when healthy, it's a problem. 

4 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Hatred?  It’s not hatred. It’s just being realistic.  

3 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't hate Zach. 

I pity him.

Haters in denial..................... 

The fishing thing was so stupid.  Noone has ever criticized his fitness level.  He is one of those players that is injury prone.  Like Pat Kaleta.  Or Tim Connolly.  Fitness has nothing to do with it.  Maybe the workout routine does, but it's rather silly to assume he's doing something counter to what the team wants him to do when there is no evidence, no smoke, no innuendo in team comments to suggest that is the case.  Quite to the contrary, Phil and JBott seem to really be fond of him.  I doubt they'd be so positive in their commentary if he wasn't doing what was asked of him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.