The Zach Bogosian Dead Pool

darksabre

The Bogo Dead Pool  

60 members have voted

1. 1. During which set of games will Bogo miss his first game of the season due to injury?

• 1-20
    • 21-40
    • 41-60
    • 61-82
    • Playoffs
    • He won't miss any games due to injury
    • He gets hurt before the regular season even starts
  2. 2. How many games will he miss due to injury this season?

• None
    • 1-20
    • 21-40
    • 41-60
    • 61-82
    • 83+
  3. 3. Bonus: What will he injure?

• Arm
    • Leg
    • Torso
    • Head
    • Other?

This thread is gold, Jerry.

GOLD!!

30 minutes ago, jsb said:

Haters gotta hate, they just can't help themselves

Can't tell if serious, or not.  Let us have our fun, eh?  I need the stress release and so do many others.

IMO, Dark did not start this thread in a serious manner.  Just look at the poll questions.  That's the way I am looking at it.

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Here's the thing: I like Zach and I've only ever wanted him to succeed here. I was really excited when we traded for him. 

But the dark comedy of his injury history is just too much to ignore and we should at least have some fun with it. 

I knew it.

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Wanted to vote hip/back; torso seems too general

When in doubt always go with 'other' and you can't miss.

You forgot “which teammate will he bump into to cause the injury?”

And “will it happen a) on the ice, b) on the bench c) in the parking lot or d) over a slice of Yancey’s Fancy during a meet and greet at the board offices of Blue Cross Blue Shield.”

Edited by dudacek

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

And “will it happen a) on the ice, b) on the bench c) in the parking lot or d) over a slice of Yancey’s Fancy during a meet and greet at the board offices of Blue Cross Blue Shield.”

Thought that was Girgenson... just keep him away from Mitts aand Jack

I voted playoffs, when he gets hurt playing for another team. 

That's right, Bogo has a career year and as a result gets moved at the trading deadline. First game with his new team is good for a goal, 2 assists and 5 for fighting. Then he gets hurt in the first game of the playoffs.

I hope Bogo has his best year as a pro. My confidence in that happening is not strong.

Hmmm...I was going to take the easy route and vote for him being injured during the preseason and only playing 30 games, but, this quote in a recent article caught my eye, "Bogosian has been ready for seasons to start in the past, but he’s REALLY ready for this year, ". Seeing as how he's REALLY ready this year, opposed to other years where he was just sort-of ready, I'm voting that he missed ~10 games with a concussion somewhere.

I sincerely hope he's healthy and makes an impact on the team. If that happens, that helps our team. He should be in our top-4 and if he plays like he belongs here, he'll help us climb back into playoff contention. 

9 hours ago, dudacek said:

I thought he was vegan

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 9:40 AM, darksabre said:

Here's the thing: I like Zach and I've only ever wanted him to succeed here. I was really excited when we traded for him. 

But the dark comedy of his injury history is just too much to ignore and we should at least have some fun with it. 

I was going to thumbs-up this comment, but the notion of me liking Bogo gave me pause.  When he's healthy, the only thing I like about his game 100% is that he can get violent sometimes.

39 minutes ago, stenbaro said:

So when do we hear his retirement announcement? A little sarcasm however it wouldn't be a shocker. Obviously something is going on. 

He didn't play last night and hasn't been on the ice for what... 4 days and counting?  

Something's rotten in the state of denmark. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

But remember we (the collective we) were wrong for giving him crap on twitter this summer about his lack of health.

I don't believe it has to anything to do with strength or physical fitness.   

His musculature, joints and tendons apparently just can't handle the rigors of the NHL... which sucks.  

There is a chance that something happened, something was found, etc. that has changed the situation.  It certainly happens.

Why do we need to nitpick the situation?  He's not on the ice.  He has a significant injury history.  If he's injured, he's injured.  It won't be a surprise to anyone and it won't really matter to the team since they've mostly been playing without him for the entirety of his contract.

He clearly was on the ice, playing, during the summer. If nothing else, he was able to do that. So, whatever the reason is, it is. There's no need to begin trashing the guy.

2 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

He's all of the readys.  He cannot be more ready.  He's in mid-season form he's so ready (as in he hasn't played at all and hasn't skated in almost a week).   SOOOOOPER ready.

Unfortunately he wasn't "Really ready, like SERIOUSLY really ready, #bringit ready."

Have there been any reports that he was on the ice today or was this his 4th maintenance day in a row?

I've half a mind to hunker down in the bunker but now that we have Skinner, Dahlin, Casey, Sam & Jack, and an improved squad I will direct my attention elsewhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.