2018 Free Agent Class

Brawndo

We have Dahlin, Eichel, ROR, and Sam. Roster set (minus a goalie). The shake up will be actual competition on the blue line during camp. With the exception of one or two "depth" players I don't see any big signings in FA for us this year. In fact I bet we get a band aid goalie until Linus takes over.

We have Dahlin, Eichel, ROR, and Sam. Roster set (minus a goalie). The shake up will be actual competition on the blue line during camp. With the exception of one or two "depth" players I don't see any big signings in FA for us this year. In fact I bet we get a band aid goalie until Linus takes over.

i don't think so, I'm thinking the opposite and we see a couple big moves to shake things up

They have said they need to shake things up and I think we will see more then bandaids and just depth signings while they waste another year waiting for youth to develop.

Going through UFA list now that buy outs and qualifying offers have been made to players and comprised my list of potential Buffalo signings.

G- Bernier, Khudobin, or Hutton

D- DeHann, Connauton, Schenn, Manning

C- Nash, Schaller

LW- Perron, Calvert, Wilson, Reider

RW- Chiasson

Going through UFA list now that buy outs and qualifying offers have been made to players and comprised my list of potential Buffalo signings.

G- Bernier, Khudobin, or Hutton

D- DeHann, Connauton, Schenn, Manning

C- Nash, Schaller

LW- Perron, Calvert, Wilson, Reider

RW- Chiasson

Nick shore should be on this list.

Anyone have thoughts on Austin Czarnkik? 25yr old UFA who did pretty well in the AHL last year.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=123298

Huh, read the Athletic too?

I was just coming here to post his name.

Everything about him screams Jason Botterill, and Buffalo would likely be am attractive destination for him.

Kyle Brodziak is another one I could see end up here

He’s old, but brings other things we need.

And the more I read about Carter Hutton, I think he will definitely be someone we go after hard.

Whatever he may lack as a goalie, he makes up for as a support system for a young goalie.

Edited by dudacek

Anthony Duclair and Tobias Reider were both not qualified.  Both play with speed and at one point have been 15-20 goal scorers.  These are two players I would hope that Botterill would be all over as far as cheap lower tier free agents to bring in and compete.  No need to sign Nash at 5M when you can get Duclair at 1.5-2.5.  Just saying as a reference to what the Sabres should be trying for instead of the aged dwindling former top stars.  Less Okposo's more diamonds in the ruff. 

I am realizing that this thread and the other thread are basically the same. Can we get a mod merge with the NHL Free Agency 2018 thread? I am 100% certain Brawndo started his way before mine but I just didn't realize that. Sorry for that. 

I am realizing that this thread and the other thread are basically the same. Can we get a mod merge with the NHL Free Agency 2018 thread? I am 100% certain Brawndo started his way before mine but I just didn't realize that. Sorry for that. 

You're just a disrupter, man.

What do you all think about Petr Mrazek as an option for goal?

Had some good years for the Red Wings, and unlike Lehner, who is 4th WORST ain shootout SV%, Mrazek is 5th BEST:

https://www.sportingcharts.com/stats/nhl/all-time/career-goalie-shootout-save-percentage/

Plus, Mrazek isn't old and would not cost a ton.

Edited by (E5)

What do you all think about Petr Mrazek as an option for goal?

Had some good years for the Red Wings, and unlike Lehner, who is 4th WORST ain shootout SV%, Mrazek is 5th BEST:

https://www.sportingcharts.com/stats/nhl/all-time/career-goalie-shootout-save-percentage/

Plus, Mrazek isn't old and would not cost a ton.

I like him, and Bernier. Both arent too old and have had some success as backups to be looked at as potential #1s. Although I worry that Berniers to me in Toronto destroyed his potential like most goalies that have gone there. Both could be potential #1s if they can get back to the way they were a few years ago and would pressure Ullmark into starting right away. If they want to go older veteran, I would talk to Ottawa about Anderson

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.