Trade Speculation and Rumors 2018-19

Brawndo

Right, but these guys are all going to be looking for term unless they're ring-chasing, a requirement that we obviously don't meet.

I can’t see any of the remaining free agent wingers get the Okposo deal.

Maybe JVR, but that will be tthe last of its type.

Kane got his contract and Skinner will too because they are young.

The trend is toward paying the guys for their prime years like we are paying Jack, not as they are leaving them.

It’s the 30-year-olds who will be disappointed.

Too many bad deals out there. GMs are dumb, but not over and over again.

I'd say close to zero.

They’ve got close to $11 million to pay Zucker and Dumba. Could get sticky, no?

Well that's one of the grossest sentences I've ever read on this forum.

Maybe. Grosser than “Our centre spine is Eichel Mittelstadt Larsson and O’Regan?” Edited by dudacek

I can’t see any of the remaining free agent wingers get the Okposo deal.

Maybe JVR, but that will be tthe last of its type.

Kane got his contract and Skinner will too because they are young.

The trend is toward paying the guys for their prime years like we are paying Jack, not as they are leaving them.

It’s the 30-year-olds who will be disappointed.

Too many bad deals out there. GMs are dumb, but not over and over again.

They’ve got close to $11 million to pay Zucker and Dumba. Could get sticky, no?

Maybe. Grosser than “Our centre spine is Eichel Mittelstadt Larsson and O’Regan?”

We'll see. Oshie got 8 last year and Neal didn't just turn down 5 years because he thinks he'll get less on the open market. Maybe he'll be disappointed...or maybe GMs really are as dumb as I think they are. Dumb is probably the wrong word; obtuse is more appropriate. But you get the point.

All they really have to do is buy out Ennis or send him to a team that needs to hit the cap floor. It's a little tight, but I don't really think they're in a situation that demands moving out a valuable piece.

Definitely grosser. BTW, I assume by "Larsson" you actually meant "Rodrigues." 

Per Michael Russo Jason Zucker, Nino Niederreiter and Charle Coyle are on the block as Fenton wants to shake up the core.

The caveat is that Fenton wants the team to also take Ennis as a salary dump.

Sign me up! If they want a team to eat the Ennis contract, they can't possibly expect a huge return for any of them.

OK, so Nylander and Bailey or Baptiste in the top six?

That's pretty gross, but still not as bad as 4th liners taking O'Reilly's ice time. After all, any of that trifecta in the top-6 really just means that Pominville or Wilson aren't. It's gross, sure, but all things are relative ;)

What do the Sabres need to do for this type of deal

But The Athletic has learned that last weekend before Max Domi was traded from the Arizona Coyotes to the Montreal Canadiens for Alex Galchenyuk, Fenton and Coyotes GM John Chayka did talk about a framework that would send Niederreiter and Zucker to Arizona for Domi and another forward believed to be center Christian Dvorak.

One caveat: It’s likely that the Coyotes would have had to take Tyler Ennis, who has one more year left on his contract at a $4.6 million cap hit.

What do the Sabres need to do for this type of deal

But The Athletic has learned that last weekend before Max Domi was traded from the Arizona Coyotes to the Montreal Canadiens for Alex Galchenyuk, Fenton and Coyotes GM John Chayka did talk about a framework that would send Niederreiter and Zucker to Arizona for Domi and another forward believed to be center Christian Dvorak.

One caveat: It’s likely that the Coyotes would have had to take Tyler Ennis, who has one more year left on his contract at a $4.6 million cap hit.

Reinhart and something? I really don't know what that something would be, though. Don't think we have anything other than Reinhart as the centerpiece, either. I think it could work.

I'm trying to think of some low cost options to upgrade the wings, and I keep coming back to Pittsburgh. I know both Hagelin and Sheary had slid down the depth chart this season. Does Pittsburgh really want to pay them a combined $7 million? They're not world beaters, but they'd upgrade our speed on the wings and give us non-embarrassing options to pair with our top three centers, and the acquisition cost probably doesn't include Reinhart.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Domi and Dvorak? 

Would Reinhart, Nylander, and Baptiste get us Zucker and Nino (and Ennis)? 

Because if you want to split up the young core...

I'm not making that trade

I might do Nylander and our 3rd next year for Zucker/Nino and Ennis but I'm not dealing away Reinhart

I'm not making that trade

I might do Nylander and our 3rd next year for Zucker/Nino and Ennis but I'm not dealing away Reinhart

You think they'd give up a 25/30 goal scoring winger for you taking a 1 year cap dump and a prospect that hasn't shown anything yet?

Would you give up Reinhart and Pominville for Nikita Scherbak and a third?

Edited by Randall Flagg

You think they'd give up a 25/30 goal scoring winger for you taking a 1 year cap dump and a prospect that hasn't shown anything yet?

Would you give up Reinhart and Pominville for Nikita Scherbak and a third?

No but Nylander is worth more since he's a Top 10 pick, plus trading Reinhart for another player merely spins our wheels in offense production.

Essentially your deal is way to much overpayment

Reinhart(22) is a 45 to 50 pt guy that's younger than Zucker(26) and Nino(25) and has better stats than both of them in terms of consistent play.

Reinhart is 

15-16  23g-19a 42pts in 79 games  .53 pts per game

16-17  17g-30a 47pts in 79 games  .59 pts per game

17-18  25g-25a 50pts in 82 games  .61 pts per game

.576 pts per game average

Zucker is

15-16  13g-10a 23pts in 71 games  .32 pts per game

16-17  22g-25a 47pts in 79 games  .59 pts per game

17-18  33g-31a 64pts in 82 games  .78 pts per game

.563 pts per game average

Nino is

15-16  20g-23a 43pts in 82 games  .52 pts per game

16-17  25g-32a 57pts in 82 games  .69 pts per game

17-18  18g-14a 32pts in 63 games  .50 pts per game

.57 pts per game average

In the past 3 years Reinhart has been on average the better player all while being 3 years younger and on a terrible team

HFboards, I got a guy to agree to this

Nylander, McCabe and our 3rd that can become a 2nd for Zucker, Nino and Ennis
Edited by dewookieen

No but Nylander is worth more since he's a Top 10 pick, plus trading Reinhart for another player merely spins our wheels in offense production.

Essentially your deal is way to much overpayment

Reinhart(22) is a 45 to 50 pt guy that's younger than Zucker(26) and Nino(25) and has better stats than both of them in terms of consistent play.

Reinhart is 

15-16  23g-19a 42pts in 79 games  .53 pts per game

16-17  17g-30a 47pts in 79 games  .59 pts per game

17-18  25g-25a 50pts in 82 games  .61 pts per game

.576 pts per game average

Zucker is

15-16  13g-10a 23pts in 71 games  .32 pts per game

16-17  22g-25a 47pts in 79 games  .59 pts per game

17-18  33g-31a 64pts in 82 games  .78 pts per game

.563 pts per game average

Nino is

15-16  20g-23a 43pts in 82 games  .52 pts per game

16-17  25g-32a 57pts in 82 games  .69 pts per game

17-18  18g-14a 32pts in 63 games  .50 pts per game

.57 pts per game average

In the past 3 years Reinhart has been on average the better player all while being 3 years younger and on a terrible team

HFboards, I got a guy to agree to this

Nylander, McCabe and our 3rd that can become a 2nd for Zucker, Nino and Ennis

Scherbak basically posted identical numbers to Nylander in his two post=draft seasons. NHL GMs aren't stupid enough to blindly look at where a player was picked over 2 years later.

Those players literally have the same points per game to within a one hundredth of a point, wookie. That means that over the course of a season, there wouldn't even be a full point difference between them. Making the comparison I made completely accurate. Thanks for supplying the math that showed my comparison to show you how bad that trade was is bang on.

And Zucker is now a 33 goal scorer. 

A random italicized trade that you got an unspecified hfboards poster (I'm not even sure what team's fan you're referring to) to agree with on value means very little to me, as shocking as that might seem

Edited by Randall Flagg

I can’t see an offer that anyone would reasonably make that would lead me to dump Reinhart after his second half. I’ve invested this much time in him, I see it through.

Domi and Glachenyuk are fair comparables, although his outproduced them both over his first three years.

Zucker isnt even a comparable.

At the end of his D4 season he had 4 total NHL goals. It took until his D8 season before he topped 25 points in an NHL season.

He is, however, a great example of a reason why it’s not too late for Baptiste or Bailey.

His first three pro seasons he played 6, 20 and 21 NHL games for a total of 8 NHL goals.

Edited by dudacek

This was from Elliot Freedman's 30thoughts

The Charging Buffalo Retweeted Elliotte Friedman

Buffalo is in on Goalie, Carter Hutton from STL. Also mentions STL as a team circling around ROR as we have expected. They were hoping they’d get a meeting with Tavares and didn’t, looking for a C.

17. There looks to be a pre-July 1 price and post-July 1 price on Ryan O’Reilly. He is due a $7.5 million bonus, and that’s affecting what the Sabres can get. If Buffalo pays, it probably makes sense to keep him, except that the offers may improve. St. Louis was circling, and it’s possible that morphs into something bigger. The Blues might want Vladimir Sobotka to be part of the package, too. I could see the Sharks being a possibility if they don’t get Tavares.

Also from Friedman

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/31-thoughts-eyes-john-tavares-ufa-interview-period/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.