TSN: Sabres 2018 Game Plan

WildCard

Thank you wookie. I was just about to talk about the why and how of those contracts being traded.

Also are you adding cap hit each year Pi? Is that how you get 20? That's flawed to me. You can't bank cap year to year. Bogo was on ltir this year making his cap hit meaningless. Moulson is demoted making his cap hit less. The Sabres weren't close to max cap so again, what did this prevent them from doing?

Moulson cap hit is less in the minors? How? He's on a one way deal.

I don't necessarily fault JBOT for not moving him in the exp draft because it's been reported that he wouldn't waive his NMC to go there.

What concerns me about JBOT is wether or not he's cutthroat enough to make those difficult personnel decisions.

Moulson cap hit is less in the minors? How? He's on a one way deal.

I don't necessarily fault JBOT for not moving him in the exp draft because it's been reported that he wouldn't waive his NMC to go there.

What concerns me about JBOT is wether or not he's cutthroat enough to make those difficult personnel decisions.

Sending him down takes just under $1 million off his cap hit, which is why he's likely to continue to rot in the AHL this coming season, as buying him out actually costs money against the cap in the long run.  

Just wondered what your opinion was.

For example trade Bogo and the SJ 2019 first to NSH for Rinne. BUF fills a need and Rinne likely gets them into the playoffs. Bogo is unloaded and it frees up money for RFAs.

NSH unloades Rinnes $7m and gets a servicable defenseman and a first.

Edited by pi2000

For example trade Bogo and the SJ 2019 first to NSH for Rinne. BUF fills a need and Rinne likely gets them into the playoffs. Bogo is unloaded and it frees up money for RFAs.

NSH unloades Rinnes $7m and gets a servicable defenseman and a first.

Isn’t that an exchange of large, nearly identical contracts (Bogo and his $6 for Rinne and his $7)? How does it free up money for RFAs?

We have coaches to teach Ullmark. 1 year of playoffs doesn't excite me. Especially when we need talent throughout the lineup.

1 year of Rinne and we rid ourselves of Bogo. Rinne alone prolly gets them in the playoffs and he can tutor Ullmark.

We have coaches to teach Ullmark. 1 year of playoffs doesn't excite me. Especially when we need talent throughout the lineup.

Abmarch to the playoffs would reinvigorate the fanbase. $$$$$$$$$

As GM I'm signing off on that deal in a heartbeat. By launching Bogo I've freed up +$5m in cap in 2019-20 and reinvigorated a fanbase thats currently on life support. And all you have to give up is a very late 1st and pick that has a less than 35% chance of ever making a mark in the NHL.

I'm sorry, I'm getting old. My memory is just slipping. Can someone remind me what happened in 2015 when gave up a late 1st for a goalie? I'd Google that but I forgot how.

Anyways, we tried quick fixes before and it didn't work. I'd rather trade picks for under 24 players or just draft a guy. If our scouting department is any good that late first will hit. Also we don't know it will be a late first.

(Yes I'm being snarky. Not aimed at anyone. You've all made great points about trading for Rinne, I don't agree but it's a sound argument)

I'm sorry, I'm getting old. My memory is just slipping. Can someone remind me what happened in 2015 when gave up a late 1st for a goalie? I'd Google that but I forgot how.

Anyways, we tried quick fixes before and it didn't work. I'd rather trade picks for under 24 players or just draft a guy. If our scouting department is any good that late first will hit. Also we don't know it will be a late first.

(Yes I'm being snarky. Not aimed at anyone. You've all made great points about trading for Rinne, I don't agree but it's a sound argument)

Rinne solves the immediate need for a goalie. He's a proven commodity, but he's only 50% of the deal, you also get rid of the last 2 years of Bogos's contract.

Anyway, back to the original question,... which was how to get rid of Bogo's contract when nobody really wants him. You have to throw in something of value in any deal to move his contract.

No contender is picking up BOGO period. If we want to move him, cost is a 1st+ for nothing in return. Only scenario where somebody takes him, would be similar Arizona/Datsyuk. Need to get to the floor so you take on a bad contract for a picks package. We don't have picks(to trade) to address needs, nevermind throwing em away for someone to take out our trash.

Better off just getting him his daily 8ball to sit on IR. No I can't prove that but you can't disprove it so shut up haha jk

I don’t feel handcuffed enough by Bogosians contract to give anyone anything to take it off our hands.

I’d like to pick up Rinne for one year, but not enough to pay that kind of price.

Agreed. Bogos contract is not a problem. No need to give up anything to move it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.