The Season Finale GDT Buffalo at Florida 4/7/18 7pm MSG GR

Brawndo

It was a weak shot for an extreme angle on a pass that any NHL goalie should have been able to track across the crease in plenty of time. He did, but it went through him anyway.

He was in position. Johnson's error was lifting his pad off the ice. But why should the Panthers have such an easy time skating through players as if they were traffic cones?

But Nolan, Larson, and whoever the third Sabre was with his thumb up his rear are fine.

Never said they were, but my blind dog coulda stopped that shot.

Edited by Cygnus X 1

Seriously, Promo, if we held all skaters to your standard, we wouldn’t need goalies.

I know everyone here are experts and I don't know anything, but the guys in front of the goalie share in the the job of not letting the other team score. You talk about high standards. Apparently the other 5 guys on the ice have none to meet.

Never said they were, but my blind dog coulda stopped that shot.

I doubt it.

I know everyone here are experts and I don't know anything, but the guys in front of the goalie share in the the job of not letting the other team score. You talk about high standards. Apparently the other 5 guys on the ice have none to meet.

I doubt it.

I think we’re unanimous the other 5 guys suck.

When the team screws up, the goalie needs to bail them out. It is is the essence of what they paid to do.

Edited by dudacek

I doubt it.

This is nonsense. Dudacek posts hundreds of times per week, and many of them are highly critical of many players that aren't goalies. 

The fact is, despite allowing 200 fewer shots on goal this season and dozens fewer scoring chances, our goaltending has plummeted this year and taken us out of games. 

It gets pointed out and you freak out like we don't also know that our defense and scoring are trash too, despite the huge ratio on this board of player talk/criticism to goaltender talk/criticism.

I think we’re unanimous the other 5 guys suck.

When the team screws up, the goalie needs to bail them out. It is is the essence of what they paid to do.

That applies when your team screws up once in a while. This team is a 60-minute clusterfrag. Dom Hasek couldn't bail them out. Edited by PromoTheRobot

We'll get 'em in the second, boys!

That applies when your team screws up once in a while. This team is a 60 clusterfrag. Dom Hasek couldn't bail them out.

Why did our goaltending get far worse this year despite our defense allowing fewer, shots and high danger shots/scoring chances, by a non-negligible amount?

Our defensive coverage has been poor all season. But Lehner is rocking a .908 this season instead of the .92s he was putting up the last two years (and almost another half-goal a game against). For a team that loses a lot of one-goal games... those 0.4 goals/game are extraordinary.

And Johnson's save percentage (even with that one nice stretch) is below .90 altogether. Our goaltending has been atrocious this season.

That applies when your team screws up once in a while. This team is a 60-minute clusterfrag. Dom Hasek couldn't bail them out.

Dom Hasek frequently bailed out teams that were playing worse than we are playing tonight.

Even Johnson has bailed teams playing worse than the Sabres are playing tonight.

I'd fire Rob's ass so fast. He's not nearly good enough to get to act like he doesn't care to be there. He's been beating that drum on his WGR appearances for weeks. He's been citing the number of days left in the season. One more untalented slacker to send away.

They won’t. I’ll never understand the affinity for placing face punchers in Broadcast Roles, Rob Ray doing Color, Brad May with Duff until this season. Changing Hockey Hotline to the Instigators. And why the hell would anyone think it’s a good idea to allow Andrew Peters host a radio show ten hours a week? There was a hour conversation about how he and his brother planned a fight in An AHL Game once. Who gives a ?

The only saving grace has been pairing Biron and Duffer and having him co host The Instigators twice a week

Wilcox in

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.