GDT Buffalo at. Nashville 3/31/18 8 pm MSG GR

Brawndo

When it comes to PP stats (for example, PP%), how is a major like that scored? Is it still 1/1 regardless of whether they score 1, 2, or 17 goals? Or is it PP goals/ PP chances?

It counts as a single PP. So that’s 3 goals,1 PP.

But remember, a 5 second power play also counts as a PP opportunity.

You can finish your check. Absolutely. But finish it at the hip. Finishing it high, with an upward trajectory, main point of contact being the head/neck? Enjoy your early shower. And enjoy not needing to hit the shower for a few games as you serve a suspension.

I don't think the hit was high. It was totally unnecessary, but I suspect the league upon review is going to cite Antipin turning his back on the play and not suspend the dude.

We HAVE to run up Jack's point total as much as possible.

Why?

It counts as a single PP. So that’s 3 goals,1 PP.

But remember, a 5 second power play also counts as a PP opportunity.

Interesting. So you could finish a game with a PP% far exceeding 100%. Never really gave it much thought before.

I agree, but they do it all the time without penalties being called

It shouldn't have been that bad, I agree a passing love bump happens all the time, that was a head Hunter hit.

Look at Hartnell's stick and elbows and notice how high they are on the hit.

Larsson has a reputation and has never done anything close to that. Hartnell will pay for this.

I don't think the hit was high. It was totally unnecessary, but I suspect the league upon review is going to cite Antipin turning his back on the play and not suspend the dude.

Why?

Looked to me like Harnell finished high and did so intentionally. His body was definitely moving upward. And the primary point of contact appeared to be Hartnell’s shoulder to Antipin’s neck.

When it comes to PP stats (for example, PP%), how is a major like that scored? Is it still 1/1 regardless of whether they score 1, 2, or 17 goals? Or is it PP goals/ PP chances?

After each goal, it is considered a new powerplay. So, unless they score rigbt at the 5 minute mark they will end up getting stopped on the final pp. They should be 4/6 now on the pp. (They were 1 for 2 prior to the major & then 3 for 4 on it.)

After each goal, it is considered a new powerplay. So, unless they score rigbt at the 5 minute mark they will end up getting stopped on the final pp. They should be 4/6 now on the pp. (They were 1 for 2 prior to the major & then 3 for 4 on it.)

Gotcha. That probably makes the most sense, although it still isn’t a perfect measure. Hell of a way to help the team percentage.

It is? Hmm I did not think that was true. I’ll have to look into that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.