GDT Chicago at Buffalo 3/17/18 1pm MSG, GR

Brawndo

No. I'm not paying a streaky player for 8 years until he earns it.

He's been pretty damn consistent bro

I'm pretty sure having Sam for 3 years then wanting a monster 9 mil contract is less of a good idea than locking him up NOW. my opinion anyway, record my comment in the historical databanks of sabresspace in 5 years and you'll defer to my brilliance

Edited by BuffaloBorn

I'm pretty sure having Sam for 3 years then wanting a monster 9 mil contract is less of a good idea than locking him up NOW. my opinion anyway, record my comment in the historical databanks of sabresspace in 5 years and you'll defer to my brilliance

No, bro, he hasn't. He has been consistent for 2 months of a 6 month season. I'm not giving him 8 years no way in hell. It's stupid.

Great win!!

+++++

As far as Samson goes.

He has been a very consistent 50 point(ish) guy the three years he has been on the team.

Imagine if whatever was troubling him (and the rest of the guys too, I might add) the first half wasn't.  He'd be in the 70 point range, or so.

I'd give him an 8 year $50M contract as soon as this season ends.

I hope he gets to the 9 million a year level. That’d be great. Buffalo would have another Kane and Toews.

But until then, prove it.

No. I'm not paying a streaky player for 8 years until he earns it.

If you look at his production over his career, Sam showed steady improvement in year one, consistent second line scoring in year two and he’s up to 10 weeks of consistent first line scoring in the back half of year three.

For reasons that remain unclear he fell off a cliff in the first three months of year three.

But if you are charting his progress, streaky is absolutely the wrong word.

The graph would show mostly consistent steady improvement with a bizarre canyon in an unexpected spot.

I feel real good about Samson right now. The only contracts I’d be upset with is something real chintzy that creates bad feeling, or something financially irresponsible, like a Draisaitl deal. If he gets a Drouin type deal, I guarantee we won’t regret it.

As far as the game goes, Baptiste and Bailey are much better bottom sixers than the guys we’ve been dressing for their speed alone.

Guhle looked very shakey. Jack wasn’t at his best, but his presence makes us better. oReilly was a monster tonight.

Hawks are built a lot like us - too many fringe guys. Toews may have been overrated, but he remains very good.

I missed why Nelson was out.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.