GDT Sabres at Detroit 2/22/18 7:30 pm GR MSG

Brawndo

Sorry Kane - because we have too many contracts with players not worth the money - we can't afford to pay you even though you've earned a contract.

Talk about an incredibly biased viewpoint. Kane has earned a contract... he wants to be the one who decides on where he will play next year.

What evidence is there that Kane ever wanted to stay here? Has he even said the standard UFA quote? You know “of course I want to be here, we have to see what works out.”

That, and that I’d like to see his vision and playmaking skills better (more often) utilized with the man advantage. It provides free space.

Maybe they can go with the trend.... and take it a bit further:  Instead of sliding out to the side of the net, drift all the way out to the half-wall.

Sad to see Pommer as he is now.  We know Moulson will be bought out, what about Pommer?

I genuinely don't think either guy gets bought out. If JBOTS can (barring some sort of crazyass trade) save Moulson's buried cap hit letting Lehner walk, and Pommers takes a fourth line, special teams role for a year, better to have them off the cap sooner. I doubt he'll need the money.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.