Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 minute ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have no idea whether he's always just hitting his first read, or what. But given that he's officially been a professional for a few fresh weeks, and further given that patience has been preached for his development (long (enough) may that last!), might we pump the brakes on an apparent conclusion that Allen can't work through a progression?

As of right now, he can't

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I have no idea whether he's always just hitting his first read, or what. But given that he's officially been a professional for a few fresh weeks, and further given that patience has been preached for his development (long (enough) may that last!), might we pump the brakes on an apparent conclusion that Allen can't work through a progression?

Brakes should be pumped on literally everything. Good, bad, or otherwise. It's training camp and preseason. I don't understand how any observer of the NFL for more than 3 microseconds could do any more than a shoulder shrug until the regular season. 

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

Mack is the most intriguing one because of a previous stated desire to play here.

Others that fit what we’ll need:

Le’Veon Bell is almost guaranteed to be available

Geno Atkins and Jadeveon Clowney.

Ali Marpet highlights a good list of guards.

Beane has made most of his work via trade, though.

He's also almost guaranteed to make a GM regret the contract they give him. 

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

McCoy’s former girlfriend has sued him and her alleged assailant for her injuries suffered in that home invasion incident.

This development seems inconsistent with the existence of a robust ongoing criminal investigation. @Eleven: Nah?

No because the civil complaint doesn't rest on the theory mccoy was responsible for the attack, but rather that he breached his duty to her by installing a security system  in the home but not providing her access to it (nonsense).  So they are independent of one another.  The complaint is very problematic to the ex though.  

Edited by NewinBuffalo

52 minutes ago, NewinBuffalo said:

No because the civil complaint doesn't rest on the theory mccoy was responsible for the attack, but rather that he breached his duty to her by installing a security system  in the home but not providing her access to it (nonsense).  So they are independent of one another.  The complaint is very problematic to the ex though.  

The civil complaint specifically mentions that McCoy had a role in the attack, to be clear.

Some of the details in the suit claimed by Cordon:

- McCoy knew of and played a role in the attack (does not claim he was present)

- He repeatedly abused his son, their dog and her

- he changed his ways after she pleaded with him so they stayed together but he went back to abuser before too long

- the attacker on July 10th specifically named McCoy when attacking her

9 hours ago, NewinBuffalo said:

Irrespective of whether theories differ, if the cops and district attorney are working toward an indictment, the civil side generally stands down. 

14 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

McCoy’s former girlfriend has sued him and her alleged assailant for her injuries suffered in that home invasion incident.

This development seems inconsistent with the existence of a robust ongoing criminal investigation. @Eleven: Nah?

Gotta see it first, but...

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

Irrespective of whether theories differ, if the cops and district attorney are working toward an indictment, the civil side generally stands down. 

...yep.  

10 hours ago, Hoss said:

The civil complaint specifically mentions that McCoy had a role in the attack, to be clear.

Some of the details in the suit claimed by Cordon:

- McCoy knew of and played a role in the attack (does not claim he was present)

- He repeatedly abused his son, their dog and her

- he changed his ways after she pleaded with him so they stayed together but he went back to abuser before too long

- the attacker on July 10th specifically named McCoy when attacking her

Well, Wawrow could certainly be wrong, but his article on this states:

Without blaming McCoy for playing a role in the home invasion, Cordon accused him of breaching his duty to protect her because he owned the home. She also alleged McCoy "permitted a hazardous condition to exist" by installing a new security system and cameras and denying her access to arm the system.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bills-mccoy-sued-ex-girlfriend-following-home-invasion-220816396--spt.html

31 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, Wawrow could certainly be wrong, but his article on this states:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bills-mccoy-sued-ex-girlfriend-following-home-invasion-220816396--spt.html

That's why I want to read the complaint.  Anyone have a link to it?  I can't search far and wide today.

EDIT:  Nevermind; that was easy.  Reading it now.  https://www.scribd.com/document/386117376/Delicia-Cordon-files-suit-against-LeSean-McCoy?secret_password=GH8FWtC5eJyfAe3hDkP1#from_embed

Edited by Eleven

How could the civil suit have any chance of moving forward when the actual attacker has yet to be identified?  Even just going after him over the security system seems incredibly thin without that crucial bit of info.  At this point, a disgruntled security company employee hacking the system is just as plausible as a thousand other possibilities.  They're trying to cook an egg without actually buying the egg yet.

She does not claim that McCoy knew of and/or played a role in the attack.

She does not claim that McCoy harmed her physically, unless I missed it (I'm reading quickly).

She does make a difficult-to-believe and strikeable allegation that McCoy "beat" his son and dog.

She does claim that the relationship was off-again, on-again, but there's nothing in there about McCoy changing his ways or anything like that.

She does claim that the attacker said that he knew McCoy.

The only causes of action that I can perceive are what we would call "negligence" and "gross negligence" in New York.  

Put together with what AudSmell posted earlier, and I'm thinking the police are done investigating McCoy.

5 minutes ago, shrader said:

How could the civil suit have any chance of moving forward when the actual attacker has yet to be identified?  Even just going after him over the security system seems incredibly thin without that crucial bit of info.  At this point, a disgruntled security company employee hacking the system is just as plausible as a thousand other possibilities.  They're trying to cook an egg without actually buying the egg yet.

The suit isn't against the attacker and doesn't arise out of the battery; it is related to the security system at the home owned by McCoy's trust.

10 minutes ago, shrader said:

So basically the claim would be that he is required to provide security for the home?

In a roundabout way, yeah.  She claims that he installed a security system but did not give her access to it.  I'm not going to opine on the duty of care that a Georgia landlord owes to a tenant, though.  I have no idea.

10 minutes ago, ... said:

I thought she was squatting and not technically a tenant.

She very well may have been what we call a "holdover" in NYS.  When I think of a squatter, I think of someone who never had permission to be on the premises as opposed to someone who had permission once, but that permission was revoked.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

She very well may have been what we call a "holdover" in NYS.  When I think of a squatter, I think of someone who never had permission to be on the premises as opposed to someone who had permission once, but that permission was revoked.

Sure, I think that's exactly the case.  Guaranteed there's a legal distinction, but, IMHO there shouldn't be one.  It's a type of theft.

17 minutes ago, ... said:

Sure, I think that's exactly the case.  Guaranteed there's a legal distinction, but, IMHO there shouldn't be one.  It's a type of theft.

At least in NYS, there's a reason for the distinction.  Consider a tenant with a one-year lease.  At the expiration of the lease term, the tenant automatically becomes a month-to-month tenant, at the same rate of rent, and a lot of landlords don't require a new lease.  Some time later, the landlord decides it doesn't want the tenant anymore.  Maybe it's selling the property. Maybe it wants a higher rate of rent.  Not having some protection for holdovers would effectively allow the landlord to use self-help to move the tenant out without advance warning (which McCoy tried here) and would leave the tenant homeless.  So (in NYS) we require landlords to give at least thirty days notice to a holdover.  And the doctrine applies to guests who are living rent-free, too; in fact, a CNY couple just evicted their own son a few months back after numerous written notices for him to vacate the home he grew up in.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.