Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Oh wait, just went back and saw that's why you would need to sit down with him. I mis-remembered the post.

Either way, even if he has the right mindset, it won't allow him to place the ball any better than he does now which is sub par.

I disagree. With the right mindset, he can improve his mechanics which will improve his accuracy... but again, does he recognize this? Can he give an honest assessment of his strengths and weaknesses, does he have the discipline to painstakingly work on his flaws when nobody is watching?

Is he a perfectionist? Or is he satisfied with where his game is at? Is his goal to make the NFL or to win a Super Bowl?

I'd love to interview these kids, so much more to being a successful NFL QB than just size, college stats and arm strength.

Edited by pi2000

^

You can be your own worst critic. You can be the first in and last out at the building every day. You can dedicate yourself to improving poor mechanics - and succeed in doing so.

All of that together, along with whatever else you want to throw in, is not going to meaningfully improve accuracy.

A QB's ability to see those absurdly small windows of space, floating out there in the air, instantaneously trigger the muscle movements necessary to place the ball into that window, at the right moment is an ability that is rooted in deep grey matter, or maybe that reptilian brain stem or whatever. No amount of effort will transform a QB from one who has poor or average accuracy into one who has good or great accuracy.

You can be your own worst critic. You can be the first in and last out at the building every day. You can dedicate yourself to improving poor mechanics - and succeed in doing so.

All of that together, along with whatever else you want to throw in, is not going to meaningfully improve accuracy.

A QB's ability to see those absurdly small windows of space, floating out there in the air, instantaneously trigger the muscle movements necessary to place the ball into that window, at the right moment is an ability that is rooted in deep grey matter, or maybe that reptilian brain stem or whatever. No amount of effort will transform a QB from one who has poor or average accuracy into one who has good or great accuracy.

I could kiss you

^

A QB's ability to see those absurdly small windows of space, floating out there in the air, instantaneously trigger the muscle movements necessary to place the ball into that window, at the right moment is an ability that is rooted in deep grey matter, or maybe that reptilian brain stem or whatever. No amount of effort will transform a QB from one who has poor or average accuracy into one who has good or great accuracy.

I could kiss you

I already have  :wub:

GM Brandon Beane on the #Bills drafting a QB: "I've met them all, but some of them for 15 minutes, so that's obviously not enough for me to even draft a guy at 12 or I know everyone assumes we're going higher than 12. I don't know what we're doing."

In his defense he probably doesn't know yet because his ginger boss hasn't told him yet.

GM Brandon Beane on the #Bills drafting a QB: "I've met them all, but some of them for 15 minutes, so that's obviously not enough for me to even draft a guy at 12 or I know everyone assumes we're going higher than 12. I don't know what we're doing."

Ha - nice. I'll have to look for the quote in video format - the tone/delivery seems key.

In his defense he probably doesn't know yet because his ginger boss hasn't told him yet.

Ginger boss? Goodell?

robert-downey-jr-eye-roll-gif-7.gif

It's getting downright incestuous between these teams.

You can eye roll if you want but McGinger is definitely the one calling the shots. If you disagree ask yourself this. Is there any chance that McDermott gets fired before Beane? Do you think Beane even has the authority to fire him if he wanted to?

You can eye roll if you want but McGinger is definitely the one calling the shots. If you disagree ask yourself this. Is there any chance that McDermott gets fired before Beane? Do you think Beane even has the authority to fire him if he wanted to?

There's just no proof that he is

They let McDermott pick his own GM. A privilege usually reserved for proven (Super Bowl) winning coaches like Belichick and Shanahan. That tells me it's McDermott's rodeo and he's the one making the decisions.

Where was it said they let McDermott pick his own GM?

They let McDermott pick his own GM. A privilege usually reserved for proven (Super Bowl) winning coaches like Belichick and Shanahan. That tells me it's McDermott's rodeo and he's the one making the decisions.

Sorry if this has been discussed, but- was it McDermott who made the decisions to trade Watkins and Darby?

I will eye roll. This gripe is tired, and tiresome — in this case, both in form and substance.

Espn is reporting that Beane says Buffalo may not move up further to get a QB. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22793158/buffalo-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-says-no-guarantee-team-moves-nfl-draft-take-quarterback

My guess is he made the calls, listened to the prices and said I don’t think so. Or this could all be pre-draft posturing. However with Preston Brown now gone to Cincy and a guy like Roquan Smith possibly sitting there at 12, Beane may decide the plug that hole and wait on Jackson or Rudolph at 22. Maybe someone like Allen or Mayfield slip and we get lucky and steal them at 12. He also has the powder to move up from 22 to get to say 15-18 to get his QB.

One thing for sure, Beane is playing a serious game of chicken to get a much needed QB for this team.

Espn is reporting that Beane says Buffalo may not move up further to get a QB. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22793158/buffalo-bills-general-manager-brandon-beane-says-no-guarantee-team-moves-nfl-draft-take-quarterback

Or this could all be pre-draft posturing. 

Don't read into that quote, this is at all it is. He's not going to come out and say what he's doing, he's saying we may or may not move up. Typical GM jargon 

My guess is he made the calls, listened to the prices and said I don’t think so. Or this could all be pre-draft posturing. However with Preston Brown now gone to Cincy and a guy like Roquan Smith possibly sitting there at 12, Beane may decide the plug that hole and wait on Jackson or Rudolph at 22. Maybe someone like Allen or Mayfield slip and we get lucky and steal them at 12. He also has the powder to move up from 22 to get to say 15-18 to get his QB.

One thing for sure, Beane is playing a serious game of chicken to get a much needed QB for this team.

Don't read into that quote, this is at all it is. He's not going to come out and say what he's doing, he's saying we may or may not move up. Typical GM jargon 

I listened to this live.  He basically said that they're undecided and that's it.  There is no spin to it.

Yeah, the presser today was just a smokescreen. Of course he's saying "i don't know what we're going to do".

The bills are moving up in the draft for QB.

Where was it said they let McDermott pick his own GM?

I don't think anybody flat out stated it, but they hired the Head Coach first, when it was already rumored that Whaley was a dead man walking. It was also well reported that McDermott's finger prints were all over the draft that year, not Whaley's.

This USA today article infers that McDermott had "a lot of juice" and that Beane was McDermott's guy even though the other GMs they interviewed had more of a track record as talent evaluators (which I assume is a significant portion of the job).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2017/05/09/brandon-beane-hired-gm-buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott/101488602/

I will eye roll. This gripe is tired, and tiresome — in this case, both in form and substance.

You're welcome to put me on ignore then, because I'm going to continue to post my feelings on the matter.

I don't think anybody flat out stated it, but they hired the Head Coach first, when it was already rumored that Whaley was a dead man walking. It was also well reported that McDermott's finger prints were all over the draft that year, not Whaley's.

This USA today article infers that McDermott had "a lot of juice" and that Beane was McDermott's guy even though the other GMs they interviewed had more of a track record as talent evaluators (which I assume is a significant portion of the job).

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2017/05/09/brandon-beane-hired-gm-buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott/101488602/

You're welcome to put me on ignore then, because I'm going to continue to post my feelings on the matter.

So McDermott ran the draft when there was no GM, and made a recommendation about the GM he liked to get the next job? We already have stories of how Bean traded Watkins mid pres-season game, without McDermott's knowledge. And it's not like Bean is just some figure head; ton of experience in the front office role for years, and was the pick to take the Panthers GM job before they fired their own guy

Sorry if this has been discussed, but- was it McDermott who made the decisions to trade Watkins and Darby?

This article says otherwise, but it also infers that Beane and McDermott had already had numerous discussions about trading Watkins over the summer before he was traded during the preseason. I'd venture to guess that McDermott told Beane he was ready to move Watkins and Beane found the dance partner and made the deal.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/8/16/16143096/brandon-beane-sammy-watkins-sean-mcdermott-trade-los-angeles-rams

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.