GDT Avalanche at Sabres 7pm ET 2-11-2018

jsb

That very well might be. But it's not why American employers introduced the standing desk. Sucka.

Not really sure what you're getting at. There are health benefits to alternating between sitting and standing.

And I have no problem helping out my company. I've tricked them into putting a whole bunch of their money into my bank account every two weeks,... suckas.

The standing concept surely isn’t an American origin nor is it a recent one. Google it.

American companies didn't introduce it to America? I didn't claim it was recent. Did they have standing desks at Bethlehem Steel.

But haven't you heard, workers? Sitting is the new smoking. Which makes sleeping the new shooting heroin, I suppose. Wake up, proletariat? Do I have to assume the identify of Yuri again?

People are so gullible. Our parents and grandparents would never have believed that people would buy water and carry it around all day in plastic bottles. But you gotta stay hydrated! Aquafina is just lookin' out for us!

American companies didn't introduce it to America? I didn't claim it was recent. Did they have standing desks at Bethlehem Steel.

But haven't you heard, workers? Sitting is the new smoking. Which makes sleeping the new shooting heroin, I suppose. Wake up, proletariat? Do I have to assume the identify of Yuri again?

People are so gullible. Our parents and grandparents would never have believed that people would buy water and carry it around all day in plastic bottles. But you gotta stay hydrated! Aquafina is just lookin' out for us!

I don't normally WTF... but seriously... WTF?

When I said it had been around a long time I am referring to people like Thomas Jefferson and Leonardo Da Vinci and countless others.  

Do you even bother to research anything or do you just decide that it fits some tinfoil hat conspiracy theory about control and plug it in?  I'll give you credit on one thing, people are so gullible.  Gullible in say believing that the sit-stand desk is come American corporate conspiracy action to glue people to their desks and get more work time out of them.

Because you clearly have done ZERO research on the subject, I'd like to help you on your way: https://fika-online.com/2017/08/03/lessons-from-denmark-standing-up-to-work/

Enjoy the reading.  Please note the bolded text under the first picture referencing Denmark passing a law in 2015 requiring sit-stand desks.

LTS, see my previous post. Small, family owned company. Owner that didn’t trust his employees. Switched to stand up desks with an announcement that he expected increased productivity.

In my work experience, this was not the norm. But it’s out there in the workplace.

:lol:

I'm serious. Some corporate hacks discovered that productivity increases .0001% when workers stand at their desk. It means more profits and bigger bonuses.

Likewise, my health insurance company doesn't care one bit about my health. But they're encouraging me to go to a gym and eat quinoa. They encouraged me to complete a health questionnaire to get a $50 gift card. I did, and boy was I the healthiest person they've ever surveyed. Suckas.

Don't ever change, PA.

They were called the good old days for a reason. Mostly from the day drinking. Plus you could smoke in your office. None of this taking a break to walk outside and enjoying the sunshine to go smoke a cigarette. You're on company time, goddamnit! Now pour me another three fingers Old Grand Dad. I'm too busy sexually harassing my secretary to make my own drink!

On a more serious note we don't have sit/stand desks at my work place, but I'm sure that anyone that wanted one could order one and get Uncle Sam to pay for it. The safety guys would approve it in no time flat. It's good for ergonomics (having the option to stand) which leads to less back and joint pain and fewer work place injuries and missed days. I'd guess that any overall efficiency increases stem from fewer missed days of the overall work force than it would be from improved productivity of the actual workers themselves.

LTS, see my previous post. Small, family owned company. Owner that didn’t trust his employees. Switched to stand up desks with an announcement that he expected increased productivity.

In my work experience, this was not the norm. But it’s out there in the workplace.

"Owner that didn't trust his employees."  Yeah.. so that's an unhealthy situation no matter what you do.  Anecdotal.  I'm not arguing against or for productivity levels.  Arguing that people should be more productive is not the same as arguing that people should work longer hours. 

I don't need to read anything. Go stand at your desk and make The Man some more money.

It's this kind of completely arrogant that is unnecessary in society.  If your goal was to be a complete jackass then do it on someone else's dime.  Why even enter into a conversation if you are not intending to participate in good faith?  No, you just want to spout some stupid uneducated nonsense and be a jerk.  I can go on Facebook or read Buffalo News article comments if I want to see that ignorant crap.

Grow the up.

"Owner that didn't trust his employees."  Yeah.. so that's an unhealthy situation no matter what you do.  Anecdotal.  I'm not arguing against or for productivity levels.  Arguing that people should be more productive is not the same as arguing that people should work longer hours. 

It's this kind of completely arrogant ###### that is unnecessary in society.  If your goal was to be a complete jackass then do it on someone else's dime.  Why even enter into a conversation if you are not intending to participate in good faith?  No, you just want to spout some stupid uneducated nonsense and be a jerk.  I can go on Facebook or read Buffalo News article comments if I want to see that ignorant crap.

Grow the ###### up.

Serious question ... my mom was an ER trauma nurse for about 30 years and ended up with severe varicose veins. Any truth to the theory that standing in one place for extended periods can cause them ? 

Serious question ... my mom was an ER trauma nurse for about 30 years and ended up with severe varicose veins. Any truth to the theory that standing in one place for extended periods can cause them ? 

I'd let the medically trained answer this more officially but everything I have read would indicate that standing in one place is nearly as bad as sitting in one place.  The key is that our bodies are meant for movement.  So it's a mix of stand and sit.  For me, I also walk around a lot.  I have a wireless headset and I will walk into the other room, stretch, do knee bends, etc. while on calls.  When it gets warmer out I will walk outside while on calls.  Even when I am at my desk I try to make sure I am moving my feet around every so often.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.