PASabreFan

It’s nearing dinner time, and I’ve neither been offended nor victimized by anyone today. Further, I’ve not discovered an ulterior motive in anyone’s enterprises.

Being a simpleton, I infrequently recognize clues providing insight into nefarious character.

Dear God, thank You for my limited capacity. To those exploiting me, just keep it a secret, please.

In the meantime, what a gracious gesture by the Pricks. Best wishes to those who choose to attend for whatever reason they find worthy of the effort.

(Can’t help but be dragged in...) you mean you don’t?

Not being facetious, there aren’t huge public outpourings of sympathy and solidarity in those kinds of instances?

I've never heard of it.

But the things I've never heard of could fill many books. So don't take my word for it.

It’s nearing dinner time, and I’ve neither been offended nor victimized by anyone today. Further, I’ve not discovered an ulterior motive in anyone’s enterprises.

Being a simpleton, I infrequently recognize clues providing insight into nefarious character.

Dear God, thank You for my limited capacity. To those exploiting me, just keep it a secret, please.

In the meantime, what a gracious gesture by the Pricks. Best wishes to those who choose to attend for whatever reason they find worthy of the effort.

Best post I've read all day. Thank you.

I also thank and praise and exalt the taxpayers who helped fund "Terry's" arena. One free rental is the least Sabres ownership can do. What was he going to say? No? I give him zero credit for this.

Of course you don’t give him credit.

Your outrages are turning into a goulash with this one. We have wealth, class, ownership, private property, reverence for service and, two favorites, MARKETING and PR!

Edited by Neo

Of course you don’t give him credit.

Your outrages are turning into a goulash with this one. We have wealth, class, ownership, private property, reverence for service and, two favorites, MARKETING and PR!

Sorry, I don't consider the arena to be private property. Does Mayor Brown get credit if he opens the lobby of City Hall for a reception for the family?

Sorry, I don't consider the arena to be private property. Does Mayor Brown get credit if he opens the lobby of City Hall for a reception for the family?

If he pays rent for City Hall and owns its event rights, yes.

Edited by Neo

I'll take my statement back and give him credit for doing it, because it's more than just opening the doors to a facility that I consider a public space. With a game last night, there was a lot of extra staffing and work needed to get the arena ready. It's costing him money.

Trying to get back on topic... last night's attendance was 16,882. If they cap season tickets at 16,000, it's striking to think how few tickets they sold to the general public for this game.

Is something afoot here?

As Taro noted for the Vancouver game, many folks left a one-goal game with 15 minutes to go. And last night the plug was pulled on the tub with about three minutes to go.

Do we really need the word "conflate?"  Not just in this thread, but in life?  Isn't it just inherently annoying?

It's a word that means something specific. Why jettison it? Were we to do so, I fear we'd needlessly risk conf--.

Well, you get the idea.

(note to self: use conflate more on this message board)

+10

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.